Titanfall performance

tolmie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got titanfall today but im having real issues trying to play it, training seemed ok but theres not much graphics in that, when I go online for a match the frame rate is terrible, the only weak part of my pc is my graphics card which plays tomb raider and a few other games like a dream, any idea or is no option but to buy new graphics card

i5-4570 3.2ghz
4GB corsair vengenace
Win 7
Nvidia 8800 GTS

That's an odd cpu/gpu combo. You could do with a new gpu and another 4gb ram, what psu do you have?

Wow, that's a rather ancient card against a modern cpu! Definitely get a new graphics card as a first purchase, then more RAM if you have some spare cash.

No bother guys, you should see tomb raider on it, superb, I was given it and I built a whole PC, going to try and get a ati 280

Out of interest, anyone think the onboard i5 graphics would be better than the 8800

Out of interest, anyone think the onboard i5 graphics would be better than the 8800
The onboard will definitely be allot worse.

OK guess its time to get saving, what gpu would you guys suggest at £200 mark

One of these would do pretty well and im guessing since not upgraded that card in a long time budget is an issue so decent buy here, and will use way less power than the 8800GT.
That said everyone will say buy best can afford so if can afford better and sytsem (psu) can handle it get a 770 or a 280x - or better.

Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [GTX750TI-OC-2GD5]

Edit just seen ur post about budget. GTX760

Asus GeForce GTX 760 DirectCUII OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [90YV04L2-M0NA00]

My whole PC is brand new,I just couldn't afford a new GPU, got a corsair 750 psu

One of these would do pretty well and im guessing since not upgraded that card in a long time budget is an issue so decent buy here, and will use way less power than the 8800GT.
That said everyone will say buy best can afford so if can afford better and sytsem (psu) can handle it get a 770 or a 280x - or better.

Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [GTX750TI-OC-2GD5]

Edit just seen ur post about budget. GTX760

Asus GeForce GTX 760 DirectCUII OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [90YV04L2-M0NA00]
Shame on you, this is avf, we should be trying to up the budget, not drop it. :D

Gtx760 would be about right or if you could stretch a little more a gtx 770/280x. They have had a few offers recently for about £230 with some as low as £210 depending on the brand
Or if you have the patience wait and see what nvidia new maxwell line up is well

I won't be able to buy a new GPU until around June I think, probably new cards by then

Before we all get carried away spending money on shiny GPUs, isn't the recommended spec for Titanfall 8GB of memory, rather than 4? I know the minimum does say an 8800GT though, so it might well be a bit of both.

Before we all get carried away spending money on shiny GPUs, isn't the recommended spec for Titanfall 8GB of memory, rather than 4? I know the minimum does say an 8800GT though, so it might well be a bit of both.
Already been covered, he could do with a decent gpu too.

edit: post #2

@tolmie you could do with posting what psu you are using dude, it's important your psu is up to the job of any recommended gpu pal.

Got corsair 750 psu, ordered another 4gb of corsair veng

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom