Titanfall - Day One Update, DLC, and Season Pass news (Download now @ Game £19.40)

barneystuta

Season Pass & Digital Deluxe - Titanfall

Confirmed pricing - News: Titanfall Season Pass details - three DLC packs, new maps - OXM UK

EDIT: Now can buy from Game for £19.40 - Buy Titanfall Season Pass - Xbox One on Xbox Live | Free UK Delivery | GAME

EDIT2: This is actually a £20 voucher code so probably best going to CDKeys something like that. I used my trade in to get the voucher instead :)

TFSPgenericPFT.jpg

Get the Titanfall Season Pass and extend the fight on the Frontier with three new content packs. The Season Pass expands Titanfall by delivering all three planned content packs as soon as they become available at a one-time price of $24.99, a savings of $5. REQUIRES TITANFALL FOR XBOX ONE, XBOX 360 AND XBOX LIVE GOLD, BOTH SOLD SEPARATELY.

For Origin PC gamers we have introduced the Titanfall Digital Deluxe offering which includes both Titanfall for PC and the Season Pass for $79.99. This offering is available now for pre-order within the Origin store.

If you’ve already pre-ordered the standalone game on Origin, we encourage you to take advantage of the Titanfall Digital Deluxe Edition. Please contact EA Help to change your pre-order from Titanfall Standard Edition to Titanfall Digital Deluxe Edition. Representatives will be glad to help you adjust your order to secure your Season Pass content for less.

FAQ

- Where can I buy the Season Pass for Xbox One, PC or Xbox 360?
- You can purchase the Titanfall Season Pass at participating retailers beginning on March 11th for Xbox One and March 25th for Xbox 360. You can purchase the Season Pass for PC via Origin starting today! Full details for the PC season Pass can be found here:Titanfall Season Pass for PC Download | Origin

- Is the Titanfall Digital Deluxe available on Xbox Games Store?
- The Titanfall Digital Deluxe offer is only available for PC and can be purchased on Origin here: Titanfall Digital Deluxe for PC Download | Origin

- What content is included within the Season Pass.
- Each content pack will contain new Maps. All other content is still to be determined and will be announced as we get closer to their release.

- Where can I buy the Titanfall Digital Deluxe?
- You can purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition of Titanfall here:Titanfall Digital Deluxe for PC Download | Origin

- Will the Titanfall content packs be available individually?
- Each Titanfall content pack will be available for individual purchase upon their release. You will not be required to purchase the Season Pass.

- Will my Season Pass provide content for both Xbox One and Xbox 360?
- The Titanfall Season Pass will only provide you access for content for the platform your purchase it for. If you purchase the Season Pass for Xbox One, it will allow you access to the 3 individual content packs for Xbox One only.

==========================================================

Titanfall Xbox One DLC will include free updates - day one patch confirmed | OXM - Xbox 360 - The official Magazine

Titanfall Xbox One DLC will include free updates - day one patch confirmed
5th Mar 2014 | 09:51

Titanfall is to receive a mixture of paid DLC and free updates, Respawn's Vince Zampella has confirmed. The developer is presently working on a day one patch that will roll over to the Xbox 360 version of the game, developed by Bluepoint Games.

"We plan to do DLC to support the game," Zampella commented in the latest Gamespot podcast, via MP1st. "We're going to do paid DLC. We're also going to do free updates. We're going to add in - there's things that we want in the game that we didn't get to ship in the final game, so we'll add private matches and things like that for free.

"We're going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, you get a deal. We're not doing micro-transactions. So, you know, a season pass is just, buy it up front and get a better price."

The Xbox 360 version is apparently a few steps behind the Xbox One and PC versions - hence its delayed release. "We just started our day one patch, so they now have to take that and integrate it into their game," said Zampella. "So, they're naturally lagging behind us. The goal is to get it as close as possible. Obviously it won't be exact. It's on a less powerful system."

As regards delivering the same level of on-going support across Xbox One, PC and Xbox 360, Zampella added "we'll have to sit down with EA and talk about that, but my assumption is yes."

According to Titanfall designer Drew McCoy, a delayed release on Xbox 360 is preferable to shipping a broken game. Seems fairly watertight. "We (being Respawn) have been pushing for them to have all the time they need to make it as good as possible, which means extra time for them to polish it up," he observed last month. "We'd all like it to be day and date, but a better game a few weeks later is better than an unfinished one earlier."

DLC is a funny one - it really depends on the game and what the DLC is (remember the Oblivion Horse Armour - Oblivion horse armour on Live News • News • Xbox 360 • Eurogamer.net

We all, by our nature, want something for nothing. Add on packs have been around for years though and mainly spawned in the PC market, where games could quickly be updated without buying the title in full. For many titles, you needed the original, to play the add on. Today, it is just digitalised.

Map packs are one thing which has been around for years and something that will continue. It keeps the game fresh when things start to go a little stale. I rememember the first DLC I downloaded was for Rainbow Six Vegas and I loved it. The Red Pack was released about 5 months after launch and came at the right time. The game needed some new fresh content and it was well priced. The new game modes and maps added to my experience of the game.

After a while though, I quickly become frustrated. This was because not all my XBL friends had bought the content. Not only that, I found it harder to play the new maps unless I was hosting (and my connection was not great). The community quickly became fragmented.

This all changed, when later down the line, the Red Pack (and later the Black Pack) were heavily reduced and eventually free. I think Halo did something very similar too (my memory is fuzzy now!)

Anyway - I hope Respawn learn the lessons of DLC and offer really great additional content. Titanfall will not be an annualized franchise (working in rotation with Battlefield and the new Battlefront game), so they need to keep supporting it for at least a year or two.

My wants from any DLC would be:

- Free game modes - Pilot's only, Search & Destroy type mode, or any other traditional FPS mode should be free.

- Paid Maps - I would prefer them to be free, of course. However I understand they need to monitise the content that they create and if it is good conent, I am happy to pay for it. Include "free" weekends and then say after 3-4 months (or when the next Map Pack is out) make it half price or even free!

- Cosmetic Updates Paid - If people want to pay for cosmetic only updates to their game, let them. Providing it gives no tactical advantage or power advantage, I think it is absolutely fine. I personally won't go near them :D

- Weapon/Equipment Updates Free - Do not fragment and frustrate the community with new weapons with different attributes.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

barneystuta

Updated the OP as it is now confirmed officially.

The pricing (assuming it will be £20-25 in the UK) looks pretty reasonable (COD Season Pass cost A LOT more almost double).

It really comes down to the content though and "more maps" and "content TBC" just doesn't sell it to me. We have already seen the issues with recent paid for DLC being pulled or just not working as it should be.

I'd rather wait and see when the first content comes out and what it looks like myself.

Det

Distinguished Member
Sweetness... I'm content with that price. Though I think the whole "free DLC" thing is misleading... private matches will be done on their side, not ours, we just download an update and get to utilize them. It's not downloadable content in the sense we think of today as guns/maps/etc.

STANNY08

Don't remember them saying there wouldn't be a season pass, they did say there wouldn't be micro transactions.

Crumpets

£20 is a good price :) I will snap that up. I would buy the forza car pass but not at £40! Keep the price reasonable and people will buy it, don't see why the companies cannot see that :(

I

I Spiritus I

Good price for the season pass, will be picking it up when it's out :).

Purple Box

So does this mean I have to buy the season pass on a disc? or are they just saying in the article, I cant buy a 'deluxe' version by download? and I could still buy the game through the microsoft store online and then whack a downloaded season pass on later from the store? don't really want any discs and have the credit waiting for these bad boys.

barneystuta

So does this mean I have to buy the season pass on a disc? or are they just saying in the article, I cant buy a 'deluxe' version by download? and I could still buy the game through the microsoft store online and then whack a downloaded season pass on later from the store? don't really want any discs and have the credit waiting for these bad boys.

Currently, as it stands, the Season Pass it seems will only be sold "In Retail". This, I imagine, will likely change.

You can buy the game digitally and then buy the Season Pass later though. It won't be on a disc, I imagine it will be like previous DLC/Season Passes sold in retail, where it is simply a Code to download.

It feels to me like this was a little rushed out to capitalise on the hype now. No mentions of any Season Pass/DLC/additional content... then BAM. There is is with a price and limited details.

EDIT: Confirmed price is £19.99 - News: Titanfall Season Pass details - three DLC packs, new maps - OXM UK

Purple Box

Ok, cheers for that. I will wait for it to be downloadable. Can't imagine you would need the season pass for a while anyway? If it's 3 lots of content i would imagine they would spread it out over the year so one every 4 months, possible every 3. Must be downloadable by the time it is needed :thumbsup:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
They should do a DD & Season Pass Deal.
If they are going to price the DD at £55 then add the Season Pass for £5 and promote DD as a decent package. Game + Season Pass for £60 would be fine for me.

Det

Distinguished Member
They should do a DD & Season Pass Deal.
If they are going to price the DD at £55 then add the Season Pass for £5 and promote DD as a decent package. Game + Season Pass for £60 would be fine for me.
Defo needs to happen. Defo won't happen.

Purple Box

Fingers crossed for the Tones super digital bundle :)

mattg

so that is 20 up front and 9.99 per update if you go solo?

Det

Distinguished Member
I dunno I predicted the £399 Titanfall Bundle so you never know.
Well we are talking about a game on an MS console so the U-turn is possible, lol.

In the Q&A the question was specifically asked and the answer refuted the possibility of it being anywhere BUT on Origin. That's the first thing I looked for as well was a possible combo for both since I'm going digital for TF.

kav

Distinguished Member
wait what? i'm sure i've read on here there wouldn't be a season pass....

I thought I'd seen that as well

No, Zampella messed up in his answer - what he was trying to say was that there would be no online pass - that now-defunct thing that EA had on their games for a while. He said season pass by accident and the media ran with it. Respawn corrected it soon after but by then the whole world was creaming themselves about there being no season pass.

Det

Distinguished Member
No, Zampella messed up in his answer - what he was trying to say was that there would be no online pass - that now-defunct thing that EA had on their games for a while. He said season pass by accident and the media ran with it. Respawn corrected it soon after but by then the whole world was creaming themselves about there being no season pass.
I've cleaned my undies since then so the clarification didn't bother me.

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
so that is 20 up front and 9.99 per update if you go solo?

I can't immediately recall where but I'm sure I read recently that buying the season pass would actually only save you $5/£3.

My reaction was that that wasn't enough of a saving to making it worthwhile given that there is much vagueness about exactly what DLC will be coming, unless you're absolutely 100% certain already that you would be buying it all regardless.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I can't immediately recall where but I'm sure I read recently that buying the season pass would actually only save you $5/£3.

My reaction was that that wasn't enough of a saving to making it worthwhile given that there is much vagueness about exactly what DLC will be coming, unless you're absolutely 100% certain already that you would be buying it all regardless.

awkwardjesse60uv9.gif

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards