TitanFall 2 or Battlefield 1.Which has the best campaign?

addyb

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm nearing the end of danganronpa and having not played an FPS for quite a while i fancied one of these.
I just wondered what thoughts were on the single player campaigns of both these games? I own them both but im undecided as to which one to play.

I enjoyed both but would favour TF2. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed it. Put it this way, I finished it and that's a very rare thing these days.

Titanfall 2 had a really good campaign with plenty of varied environments and different mechanics.

I think Titanfall 2 was the best FPS campaign for several years.

Battlefield 1 is broken up into lots of short chapters that are all different stories but after doing the first few I couldn't really get into it.

TF2 Campaign is brilliant.

BF1 Campaign I only got 4 levels through and found it pretty dull.

TF2 i got half way through and bored, the story just didn't grab me at all.

BF1 has a SP mode??!!! :eek:

TF2 was good, and haven't played BF1. Make sure you crank the difficulty up to max though, it's pretty easy otherwise and you get stacked trophies for the highest difficulty.

If you're into realism and gritty war go for bf1, I liked it a lot, tf2 for run if the mill (but very good gameplay) sci fi.
Get both lol, they're super cheap atm.

Realistic and Gritty.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
There's a Level where you play
As a Pigeon !
That's as realistic as it gets. For me it was dull and a complete struggle to finish, every level was the same just in a different setting and most levels felt devoid of atmosphere or suspense.

If you want a decent WW2 game to play then grab Sniper Elite, a much better game.

TF2 is in no way run of the mill, it has some excellent stand out levels and game mechanics and a decent story on top. I doubt anyone who enjoys FPS would not appreciate it. BF1 on the other hand was another BF Single Player that was pointless, dull and no atmosphere with clunky game play. Dice have not made a decent SP since BC2. It certainly looks good though but then so does TF2. Very different games but TF2 and pretty much any other recent FPS craps all over BF1 SP.

TF2's campaign is definitely better than BF1's. So much so that I can't be bothered finishing BF1's single player.

I'd happily play through TF2's campaign for a 3rd time.

i liked battlefiled 1s campaign and quite happily played all the stories. titanfall 2s was better but is a bit overrated in my opinion. there are better single player fps campaigns out there but thats because they dont have multiplayer and focus on the single player

I just sold BF1 so I think I'll slap the proceeds down on a golf club 2 pre order from simply. I'll chip away at TF2 until that arrives.

TF2 campaign is brilliant. They've certainly pit a lot of effort into it and it shows. BF1 is not really a campaign at all but the short chapters are generally decent to play.

Cant comment on BF1 but TF2 is superb. Only half way through but cant put it down, feels very much like half life 2 to me :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom