• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tiscali email via BT Broadband?

tmurphy

I have finally persuaded my parents to move from a dial-up service onto broadband.

Due to technical reasons (a DACS line sharing device being present) it's been easier to get the service provided by BT.

Activation is set for 13th Feb, but they asked me this afternoon if they would still be able to use their Tiscali email address?

Does anyone know if Tiscali have access rule to only allow the sending / reception of mail from their own IP pools or will they be able to access it from a BT Broadband service?

I think they will be able to receive but not send!

They have been allocated an email address from BT and they want to know whether to tell everyone the new address.

Regards

Tony

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
If the mail from Tiscali is on the web then yes that should be no problem but a lot of these services rely on revenue from dialling up and there maybe a clause that will state your e-mail addres will expire after a certain period.
What I would do is keep both running, new and old and gradually let everyone know the new address or just get a free address from say Hotmail and never have to worry again.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom