Tired of smartthings, suggestions?

David9723

Novice Member
I've been using smartthings for a few years and while it is ok, i find a lot of issues with it for example batteries die without warning, short battery life, and my fav "not connected to network".

I use door sensors, motion sensors light switches,, light bulbs in junction with Alexa to control things. I use z-wave and zig bee.

I'm at a loss of where to go, it seems most devices use wi-fi these days but each one needs it's on app which is a big downfall.

Any suggestions?

sbriggs

A system that can handle all standards including Wifi maybe your best bet

I use Hubitat Elevation Hub which can control Zigbee, Zwave and many Wifi devices along with other network devices

For wifi devices I generally use Shelly, which have their own app but will also work with Hubitat

David9723

Novice Member
A system that can handle all standards including Wifi maybe your best bet

I use Hubitat Elevation Hub which can control Zigbee, Zwave and many Wifi devices along with other network devices

For wifi devices I generally use Shelly, which have their own app but will also work with Hubitat
I have thought about switching to Hubitat Elevation Hub but it seems like it may be a bit of work.

I don't know if Hubitat would have the "not connected to network" issue even when you have full LTE i have to open up the smarthings app a few min before i want to use it.

It gets old.

mushii

Distinguished Member
The joys of relying on a cloud connected HA hub... not. I use HomeSeer for that very reason. Look for a hub that doesn’t rely on a cloud connection, plenty out there.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom