1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on moving an RPJ set ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ekko Star, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I'm just about to move my Projection telly to another location.

Just wondering how to move it ? I have a people carrier but in order to get the set in there I would have to lay the telly on it's back or on it's front.

Now I'm not sure if laying it either of these ways is particularly any good for the set as it would be travelling 40 miles or so. I don't want to dislodge the mirrors or guns inside.

Is it better to hire a van and keep the thing upright ? Has anybody moved one of these before ?

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Actually the main reason NOT to lay a CRT-based RPTV flat is that it increases the pressure on the seals and expansion chambers/valves, which may cause coolant to leak out (usually a sticky, poinsonous, flammable and smelly glycol solution).

I'm not sure how sensitive LCD and DCi based RPTV's are, though I guess similar precautions apply.

IMHO, you should keep the set upright since you're transporting it that far.

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as far as im aware it does not matter which way up or round the tv is. Just be careful of the screen and dont jolt it. There was a thread on here a while ago about this. If you see the delivery vans like currys etc you will see they hit every curb and pothole in sight and drive like maniacs to get the deliveries done. My RP was delivered by them and it was carried on its side then on its back to get it in the room. It works fine. JUST WATCH THE SCREEN!!

good luck