Tips, ideas, suggestions for moving TV and plugins

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by The Dark Horse, Sep 2, 2013.

1. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +845
    Hi all

My other half wants to move our 40" TV from its stand and fit it to the wall. The problem is I have several things plugged into it (Xbox, PS3, Wii, Sky box and surround sound). The other problem I have is I only have one wall it can go onto (the others have radiators or a fireplace). Also the cable for the external aerial is very short and the Sky cables from the dish are under the floorboards (which is now carpeted) so these would need to be extended or relaid.

Sooooo it looks like a big job to me but not really up to speed on what options I have or what accessories are available to make it possible. I guess I would need the walls channeled as well (room already decorated, grrr).

Can anyone offer any advice. I'm trying to talk her out of it but to be fair it does take up a lot of space where it is, it just seems like a big, messy and expensive shuffle.

Are there options available to mount several boxes on the wall as well? Any tips or advice most welcome, thank you.

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,854
  3. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +845
    Hmm quite liking that floating wall, looks expensive though, any ideas as to cost?

4. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,854
    Not much if you build it yourself. Other than that, get a quote from a builder and/or joiner.

5. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +845
    You've not seen my attempts at DIY, it wouldn't look anything like your picture lol.