Tips For Setting Up iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by PFMC84, Feb 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PFMC84

PFMC84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I remember reading a site before which gave you tips on how to set it up and the settings to turn off for example to save battery power and the likes. Does anyone know what it is? My friend is getting an iPhone and want to show him it so he can set his up properly. Cheers.

2. localboy27

localboy27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +489
  3. bransoj

bransoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    Whilst there are all sorts of guides out there i'd be reluctant to say there is any "proper" way of setting up your phone as people use them in different ways. I dont have bluetooth on as i dont use it but always leave Wifi on, someone else may use bluetooth for headphones, stereos, cars etc so always has it on. Same with all the little menu options as well. I have Background Refresh on for things like RunKeeper that i use a lot but others may not. I'd be wary of telling someone to turn something off then it ruins their experience of using the phone.

As a starter that link above has the classic about double clicking the home button to close apps out of the multitasking tray....unless its a Navigation app thats actually navigating or a streaming app thats streaming there is no benefit to closing apps out of there all the time.