• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tips for 5.1.2 speakers for a maximum of $1500?

derhans2020

Novice Member
Hi, guys,

besides of a new DENON AVR-X4500H which I would like to buy and a Sony TV 55XE9305 which I already have, I also would like to buy a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system. These should be maximum. 1500$ cost.

Do you have a few tips for me?

Many thanks and greetings
Hans

kbfern

Distinguished Member
$1500 is that US or what as I see you are in Germany. That is not a lot for a decent 5.1.2 system especially to partner a Denon X4500 avr which is a good mid range avr, it deserves a bit more $ to be honest.

To get what I would consider to be a decent match for the avr and if you are in Germany XTZ do a range of speakers called the spirit range and are well thought of but excellent value for money.

You could get a pair of Spirit 4 for L&R with a spirit 6 for centre @ 835 euro, for surrounds a pair of spirit 2 for 390 euro or better still another pair of spirit 4 for 450 euro.

For subwoofer a 12.17 edge at 690 euro although they do other subs at around 500 euro but the 12.17 edge gives best bang for buck.

XTZ does a 30 day buy and try so if you did not like them you could always send them back. Also for a full system they will do deals so worth contacting them for their best price.

For the Atmos pair depends if you want to use heights or upfiring. For heights another pair of Spirit 2 mounted high on the front wall pointing towards listening position would do fine.

That gets you a 5.1 system you could add something else for atmos speakers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom