Tips and friends wanted

Hi Welly,

Will send you a friends request in a few minutes if you want to add me. I have just downloaded the COD5 Beta so if you fancy a game of that in a bit let me know, I should be an easy target for you as I don't play online very often.

Also any one else that wants to add me as a friend please feel free and hopefully see some of you on line soon.

Yes send a friend request please my son is playing cod4 at the moment

Hi Welly,

Will send you a friends request in a few minutes if you want to add me. I have just downloaded the COD5 Beta so if you fancy a game of that in a bit let me know, I should be an easy target for you as I don't play online very often.

Also any one else that wants to add me as a friend please feel free and hopefully see some of you on line soon.

How is CoD coming along mate? If you're still looking for friends I don't mind sending you a FR if you want? I'm not too good at CoD but I'm always up for a game :)

How is CoD coming along mate? If you're still looking for friends I don't mind sending you a FR if you want? I'm not too good at CoD but I'm always up for a game :)

I am still pants. Yes please to FR:smashin::smashin:

Add me mate, it's DJFonti.

People will give you loads of varied advice, but it doesn't really mean a whole lot to a noob. When I started, I was, like most, cannon fodder. Was nervous, didn't really know what to do. The only thing to do is to persevere and keep playing. Play, play and play. One day it just clicks...that's what happened to me. I started out playing Team Deathmatch, and would end with maybe two-three kills if I was lucky, and about 15-20 deaths. I mainly play Sabotage now, but nine times out of ten I will have more kills than deaths.....sometimes I go on runs where I have excellent scores again and again.

Before you know it, you will know the maps inside out. You will also learn how to play them according to the game, it just comes with time.

In terms of weaponry set up, again, there is no right answer. You will make your own mind up once you are settled in the game, what suits you best. I started, regularly using..

M16
3 frags/special
stopping power
martydom/extreme conditioning

...but nowadays it is mainly

MP5 silenced
Bandolier
Uav Jammer
Dead Silence
Smoke grenades. This for me is the ideal set up for bomb based games.

Just try loads of weapons to begin with and see what you're comfortable with, but IMO the M16 is the best all round gun. That would be a good start.

It's weird, I am round my sisters at the moment and am playing it on the PS3 instead, and I feel all nooby again because of the controller.

Last edited:
Thanks will give all that a go see how i go, can't get any worse. :rolleyes:

Add me mate, it's DJFonti.

People will give you loads of varied advice, but it doesn't really mean a whole lot to a noob. When I started, I was, like most, cannon fodder. Was nervous, didn't really know what to do. The only thing to do is to persevere and keep playing. Play, play and play. One day it just clicks...that's what happened to me. I started out playing Team Deathmatch, and would end with maybe two-three kills if I was lucky, and about 15-20 deaths. I mainly play Sabotage now, but nine times out of ten I will have more kills than deaths.....sometimes I go on runs where I have excellent scores again and again.

Before you know it, you will know the maps inside out. You will also learn how to play them according to the game, it just comes with time.

In terms of weaponry set up, again, there is no right answer. You will make your own mind up once you are settled in the game, what suits you best. I started, regularly using..

M16
3 frags/special
stopping power
martydom/extreme conditioning

...but nowadays it is mainly

MP5 silenced
Bandolier
Uav Jammer
Dead Silence
Smoke grenades. This for me is the ideal set up for bomb based games.

Just try loads of weapons to begin with and see what you're comfortable with, but IMO the M16 is the best all round gun. That would be a good start.

It's weird, I am round my sisters at the moment and am playing it on the PS3 instead, and I feel all nooby again because of the controller.

hiya Welly

<-- Add this here gamertag, I play CoD4 quite a bit with a few of the AVF gang, it may also be worth adding the AVForums Cod tags too.. you can get them from my freinds list.

Spamout:spam:

Hi just sent a FR but it says you friends are full

Anymore FR?? And how do i get to play the same match as a friend is playing??

A good tip I find works well on on close combat maps is to learn to fire from the hip with the machine guns. This gives a a slight advantage when you come into a 1 on 1 situation.

It takes a bit of practice but you'll see your scores start to improve.

A good tip I find works well on on close combat maps is to learn to fire from the hip with the machine guns. This gives a a slight advantage when you come into a 1 on 1 situation.

It takes a bit of practice but you'll see your scores start to improve.

Thanks for that it ok to send a FR???

add me wakey G

welly I think I have one space left on my tag if you want to send me a FR. :smashin:

Hi on cod5 and cod4 can you play live with people in uk , by press a button or something. When i am playing cod5 i seem to be with a bunch of yanks. Anyone know of anything??

Hi on cod5 and cod4 can you play live with people in uk , by press a button or something. When i am playing cod5 i seem to be with a bunch of yanks. Anyone know of anything??

No mate sorry, if only there were a button we'd all be using it.
Playing the yanks is possibly one of the biggest downsides to the COD games.

PS how do you manage so many posts since June dude????

Last edited:
They seem to be young yanks aswell, shame there isn't a button:(. Crums have i only been a member since june christ thats a hell of alot of posts then. Spent to much money on this site, but found out lots off helpful info aswell.

You do realise there is an option in COD WAW to set the server location to local or very local? Sorts out any issues with the cousins across the pond! I doubt if it will ever be implemented in COD4 though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom