• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tips and friends wanted

welly

Hi i have only been playing cod4 for a few weeks and am still rubbish. Anyone with tips on how to get better, or is it just keep playing. I only have 3 friends online at the moment so would like a few more to play against, i am a easy target ha ha. Got the cod5 beta code last night and played that and it looks real good.

Thanks for help:smashin:

Matt-A

I've been playing for nearly a year and I'm still rubbish :D

Learn the maps - know the 'high traffic' areas, ambush points, and where the snipers hide (on the bigger maps).

My reactions are shocking (old age perhaps?), so I don't run & gun, I'm slow & steady, watching corners and moving cautiously - play to your strengths.

Get to know what weapons and perks - which ones suit your style of play - eg - not all sniper rifles are the same, differences in recoil etc...

The game type can also be important - I prefer TDM or Domination, Sabotage/Search & Destroy just turns me into a swearing machine :devil:

Above all - persevere!

Add me if you like, I wont improve your game any, but you'll have a fellow bullet magnet :cool:

Rob B

Throw me a friend request if you like, I'm not on all the time, but I'll play some games, either CoD4 or WaW :)

thariq

send a fr to avf cod 4 group tag, and I think there is one being setup for the COD 5 one as well. Or failing that send me a FR

welly

Thanks for that. I am crap at killing people most i got is 2 in one game, see i am well crap. I am good at being killed ha ha. Where are your gametags??? My game tag is rojospurs. Was on cod5 last night and put the headset on and all i could hear was aload of yanks.

I've been playing for nearly a year and I'm still rubbish :D

Learn the maps - know the 'high traffic' areas, ambush points, and where the snipers hide (on the bigger maps).

My reactions are shocking (old age perhaps?), so I don't run & gun, I'm slow & steady, watching corners and moving cautiously - play to your strengths.

Get to know what weapons and perks - which ones suit your style of play - eg - not all sniper rifles are the same, differences in recoil etc...

The game type can also be important - I prefer TDM or Domination, Sabotage/Search & Destroy just turns me into a swearing machine :devil:

Above all - persevere!

Add me if you like, I wont improve your game any, but you'll have a fellow bullet magnet :cool:

EyesOnly

With World at War you can set the match search to local so you only play folks from europe I think.

My first night on last night I didn't hear a single American :smashin:

I did hear a few British chavs mind :thumbsdow

I'll be sending out some friend requests as well tonight as I'm lacking in that department :blush:

Rob B

Mine is Jonny Bullett (in my gamercard over to the left <---- )

If you go into your profile options on here, you can add your gamercard to your profile too :)

welly

So am i right that under all your members name on here is a box with what you play is your gametags the top name on that??

EyesOnly

Where are your gametags??? My game tag is rojospurs.

Our gametags are shown on our gamer cards on the left. Mine is Black Eyes Only for example.

EyesOnly

No worries :smashin:

welly

Just put in my gametag and it has brought up my gamecard now that is clever. You can see my score of 15 and all you guys and gals are well into your thousands wow

zmoosa1

Add me too! I've had COD4 since December and have only played it a handful of times so I'm not to good (putting it mildly!) Would be good to have a game with some peeps in the same skill level.

welly

Add me too! I've had COD4 since December and have only played it a handful of times so I'm not to good (putting it mildly!) Would be good to have a game with some peeps in the same skill level.

Whats your gametag?? you should do a gamecard its easy to do go to your profile and click on about me part. Then where says xbox gametag just put it in and save and thats it.

Lofty7983

Not at all. On my last gamertag i was on only 5000 and somethings. I just play for fun when the mrs lets me :smashin:

zmoosa1

Whats your gametag?? you should do a gamecard its easy to do go to your profile and click on about me part. Then where says xbox gametag just put it in and save and thats it.

Thought I'd done it previousy, but must've got removed somehow. I've done it again, so all details are there now!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom