Tipping has occurred

mr. shr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just taken delivery of my Pio 435 and the disc thing on the side is coloured red, suggesting that tipping has occurred.

Should I open it or send it back?

Usually tipping is not a problem. The manuals even recommend tipping for stand mounting, for example. Obviousely it's impssible to know how "bad" it was tipped, therefor it all depends on return policy. Does openning the box and checking the screen prevent you from rturning it?

open it, chances are it's fine. If it looks OK, ie glass is intact, it will be fine. It's risky to truck them round the country on their face, but fine to tip them during load, unload, bracket fitting etc. The glass is big, thin and delicate, and not made to take front/back shocks.

Thanks for the input guys.
I've just rung the supplier. He says as long as there isn't any damage to the box, it will probably be ok.
He said opening it will not affect my rights so just go ahead and do it.

Annoying thing is, I'm at work until about four (girlfriend took delivery)!!!! Can't wait to get home and play.

(Hope I wont be disappointed!!!!)

Thanks once again.

A very nurvous/excited

shr!!!

mr. shr said:
I've just rung the supplier. He says as long as there isn't any damage to the box, it will probably be ok.

Annoying thing is, I'm at work until about four (girlfriend took delivery)!!!! Can't wait to get home and play.

Thanks once again.

A very nurvous/excited

shr!!!

To put you out of your misery tell the lady friend to shake to box see if she can hear any broken glass..... WAIT DONT REALLY! :p

or if you want to be put out of your misery for sure, tell her to install it so you can see it when you get back in all its glory.... in peices on the floor

mr. shr said:

Thanks once again.

A very nurvous/excited

shr!!!

Look out for screenburn/image retention also - took mine out of the box this week, hooked up and had a lovely faint image of a dvd menu staring at me. Being replaced so hope new one is ok. Apart from that - cracking picture.

Highlights the importance of singing for everything as UNCHECKED. Even if its £5 cable cross the bit of the docket that says recieved in good condition and write unchecked. You wouldn't believe the extent courier companies will hold you to it if you don't

Look out for screenburn/image retention also - took mine out of the box this week, hooked up and had a lovely faint image of a dvd menu staring at me. Being replaced so hope new one is ok. Apart from that - cracking picture.

Where did the image of the DVD menu come from? If it's brand new, surely it wont have been connected to a DVD player unit you get it home?

Highlights the importance of singing for everything as UNCHECKED. Even if its £5 cable cross the bit of the docket that says recieved in good condition and write unchecked. You wouldn't believe the extent courier companies will hold you to it if you don't

I agree. The place I bought it from advised that we sign as unchecked on the delivery note. My girlfriend did sign as unchecked, so hopefully we'll be covered if the screen is at fault.

mr. shr said:
Where did the image of the DVD menu come from? If it's brand new, surely it wont have been connected to a DVD player unit you get it home?

Exactly - What the hell were they doing with it before it was delivered. Obviously it's been on display or something - they said that the new screens are tested but to leave a dvd menu on screen long enough for it still to be there is not my idea of testing. Shall be waiting on Monday for another "new" screen and will sign for it unchecked.

BIGMAX said:
Exactly - What the hell were they doing with it before it was delivered. Obviously it's been on display or something - they said that the new screens are tested but to leave a dvd menu on screen long enough for it still to be there is not my idea of testing. Shall be waiting on Monday for another "new" screen and will sign for it unchecked.

Probably do what Jessops do then, only have 1 of everything in stock, put it on display, when its sold order another one and put it on display..... thats why i went to the sony centre down the road from them and got them to price match a wollah, brand spanking new digicam with a fair bit knocked off

Bigmax, nobody I know unboxes and tests every screen. For mail order, you just don't have the margins to pay people to do this. What make is it, get in the service menu of the new one and check the hours.

The Pio is up on the wall and seems to be working fine. Anyone know how to get in to the diagnotic/service menu?

Pioneer Plasma Service menu

Make sure the plasma and the media box is in standby.
Press DISPLAY on the remote (just press, do not hold)
Wait 3 seconds
Press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT and POWER (on the remote)
If done correctly, the plasma turns on and the INFORMATION page is displayed

Cheers Ian :thumbsup:

(thanks Rcww)

Thanks Ian, I'll give that a go tonight. I assume this will show me the number of hours run and number of times its been switched on?

Is there any way of zooming the picture out so that the Sky logos are chopped off the top of the screen? I'm worried about screen burn.

MAW said:
Bigmax, nobody I know unboxes and tests every screen. For mail order, you just don't have the margins to pay people to do this. What make is it, get in the service menu of the new one and check the hours.

Hi Maw

I got the Pio 435 xde from Tuned in (a pioneer works dealer). I ordered it just before Christmas and it only came last week as they were waiting for the stock from Pioneer. This is what I find strange as It couldn't have been sitting in the shop for weeks on end as they would have delivered it to me ages ago. When I get the new tv today I will get into the service menu and check if its brand new.

Is it possible that the hours run value could be reset by the store before they send them out to customer?

mr. shr said:
Thanks Ian, I'll give that a go tonight. I assume this will show me the number of hours run and number of times its been switched on?

I assume so.I'm about to take the plunge myself and the 435xde is now top of my list so I've been collecting as much info as I can about it.This info came from FAQ.There's probably quite a few beginners like myself who would be interested to hear how you get on,both the successes and (if you can face posting them) the mistakes so we don't repeat them.

Good luck
Ian

I assume so.I'm about to take the plunge myself and the 435xde is now top of my list so I've been collecting as much info as I can about it.This info came from FAQ.There's probably quite a few beginners like myself who would be interested to hear how you get on,both the successes and (if you can face posting them) the mistakes so we don't repeat them.

Ian, so far we are happy with the Pio. I'm sure the picture on the Panasonic units, that get a lot of attention here, will be of equal quality but we went for the Pio because of it's readyness to access HDTV.

But the missus and I have decided that to justify buying the dearer plasma, we simply HAVE to get Sky's HD broadcast as soon as it becomes available. If we don't, we might as well have bought a lesser priced plasma.

Pioneer Plasma Service menu

Make sure the plasma and the media box is in standby.
Press DISPLAY on the remote (just press, do not hold)
Wait 3 seconds
Press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT and POWER (on the remote)
If done correctly, the plasma turns on and the INFORMATION page is displayed

erm.........which is the DISPLAY button?!?!?!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom