Tip: HDMI stopped recieving signal?

Dick Emery

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an LG B6 OLED. I was doing some calibration and trying to figure out why I was having some colour profile problems from a PC to a Denon receiever to the TV. Whilst I was playing around with this the signal suddenly cut out. The TV would alternate between a black screen and 'snow' (like an old analog TV when no broadcast is tuned in). I checked all my connections/cables. I switches sources. Tried plugging various devices directly into the TV. Nada. I thought I might have a hardware fault and was on the verge of resetting the TV back to factory defaults.

For some reason I instead decided to change one of the inputs from Deep Color back to standard under the 'General' section in the B6 settings. The signal flickered back into life! After switching back to Deep Colour mode the signal operated normally.

I have no idea why this happened. Possibly a firmware bug was triggered by messing around with the signal sent from the PC. But just letting others know that they should try this before a factory reset or calling a repair shop.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom