1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip for FW1.50 users: hide "Corrupted Data" icons.

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by RichKS, Oct 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. RichKS

RichKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I just figured out a neat trick to hide all the "Corrupted Data" icons in the PSP launch menu. I haven't read about this anywhere else, but it's so simple I can't be the first person to figure this out. Appologies if I'm teaching people to suck eggs and all that.

I was playing about with the menus and have installed a whole bunch of emulators and stuff. I noticed two things:

First is that the menu items appear in the menu in the order they were installed, newest at the top. A little more poking shows that it's actually the creation date of the directory the app sits in (\PSP\GAME\Whatever).

Second fact is that the "corrupted data" entry is for the 1.50 fakeout data. When you install any app on 1.50 you need 2 directories: \PSP\GAME\Whatever and \PSP\GAME\Whatever%. It's the directory \PSP\GAME\Whatever% that creates the "corrupted data" icon, since it's not a proper PSP executable.

Adding these together, all you need to do is edit the Created date of all the \PSP\GAME\Whatever% directories to make them appear older than all the \PSP\GAME\Whatever directories.

Bingo, all the "Corrupted Data" icons go to the bottom of the list and never bother you again.

I use an application called Attribute Manager to change the created dates. It's one I use at work, but I think its freeware or shareware. I'm sure there are other apps that can do this for free, but it's not something you can edit directly just using windows.

Alternatively, you could do this:

Copy all the \PSP\GAME\Whatever directories somewhere on your hard drive.
    Delete them from your memory stick.
    Copy them back.

That should give them all new created dates. You can copy them back one by one to get the icons in the order you want (remember, last one copied = first icon on the list)

There is another method of actually hiding the "corrupted data" icons, which involves re-naming things with 30 blank spaces at the end, but that often does not work.

2. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    There is another method of actually hiding the "corrupted data" icons, which involves re-naming things with 30 blank spaces at the end, but that often does not work.[/QUOTE]

Tried that with PSPGenesis and it didnt work, it had to be 21 spaces.

3. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    PsickoPortable Vo.1, try downloading that, you can organise your icons and hide the corrupted data, and it doesnt have to be installed on the psp, you can run it from anywhere!, just navigate to the drive that you PSP shows up on 'e' etc.

4. anticlaus105

anticlaus105

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    SeiPSPTool05b will rename the folder so the corrupted files do not appear at all.