Tip for cheap DVD-Ram

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Fuel Crusher, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Fuel Crusher

Fuel Crusher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, dunno about anybody else but I'm peeved at the high price we seem to have to pay here in the UK for DVD-Ram. I spent a while serching for a US supplier who would ship to the UK with no luck. I have no idea as to why the US firms are either unable or unwilling to ship these DVD-Ram to the UK.
    Anyhow, my tip, with forums in abundence I'm sure a fair few UK'ers have become good mates with guys in the US, so just persuade someone over there to order some and ship them over for you. I have just received 10 Optodisc 9.4gb discs (bare so that shipping was less) and it cost me less than £60 !! and that included a couple of beers for him. I can also confirm that these US discs work PERFECTLY in my Panny E30, (wasn't sure if there was a compatibility issue as the reason the US firms wont ship).
    Cheers
    FC