1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiny scratch on my screen, should i try anything?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by craigae, Aug 19, 2005.

1. craigae

craigae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I got my new plasma with an ever so tiny scratch on the screen. I didn't even notice it for a few hours, and can only really see it from about 1-2 feet away. It covers 3 pixels, and is pretty insignificant.

However, at first i thought i wouldnt bother getting it replaced cos it would be so much hassle (i live in second floor appartment, i threw all my boxes away) but now the thought of it being there is slowly chipping away at me.

Is there any thing i can do to lessen it's appearence, or should i leave well alone in case i just end up knackering more of the glass up?

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all Craig check that it really is a scratch as I had what I thought was a scratch on my 42pv500 screen which turned out to be a mark. To check follow the manufacturers instructions (in the case of my TV clean with a lint free cloth dipped in pure water). I gently rubbed the mark with a cloth soaked in water (not to much) and then dried it and the mark was gone. Believe me the mark really did look like a scratch so this is well worth a try.But if it is a genuine scratch my personal opinion is get it replaced...I know its alot of hassle as u live in a flat but after you have gone through the hassle u will be glad u made the effort...if the scratch is not your fault why should u have to live with it...and as for the boxes you cant have those laying about a flat...I burnt my boxes cos they simply took up to much room....so that is down to the those that you bought the TV from to arrange transport and boxing...I hope you get this sorted out the way u want Craig cos its a gr8 TV and anyone buying one deserves it in practically perfect condition for the money

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ps keep your screen covered from now on if u dont already...i put a big cloth over mine and I think its a gr8 idea

4. craigae

craigae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I must admit i haven't tried cleaning it with anything yet- I'll check the manual for any tips, then give it a go. Cheers!

5. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    oh my god :D

what next designer bags to cover the plasma when not in use :D or you could put cling film over the screen when in use if you want to be extra careful :eek:

its only a posh telly at the end of the day not a holy relic :devil:

actually got a better suggestion - seeing as you use text speak you may be too young to remember this :D - in the good old days when you went to the cinema the screen was covered with a curtain until the moment of the big film

how about you taking a trip to wilco whatever and getting some curtain track - then make your own minature cinema of old - turn on the sound and then as the film is about to start open the curtains with a grand flourish :rotfl:

sorry for taking the pee but not had such a good laugh for ages :devil:

6. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, we can buy screen protectors for our pocket pcs and gameboys, why not plasmas as well? :)

Mind you, I'd hate to have to get the dust and air bubbles out from underneath of one of those.

7. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    that would be great!!

lovely contempory designed room and the telly covered with a plastic bag :rotfl:

also available in burberry for the chavs :rolleyes:

8. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes yes thats wonderful Samjet, to me its just common sence so I dont need some git like you waffling on and trying to make himself look good on the forum....now go play with your smilies :rotfl:

9. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ps...I see from your other posts u like to wonder about the forums taking the p*ss anyway....whats wrong samjet you not getting enough so you gotta make yourself feel good here

10. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,660
    2 day time out for samjet and a 4 day timeout for Lionheart.

11. Skeets_de

Skeets_de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Big Brother IS watching you! :clap: