Tiny plasma support thread

Proving the shearing occurs is easy (by the way remember that under sections 48A-D of the Sale of Goods Act it is for Tiny to prove that the plasma is not defective), just get a video cam and record it. I managed to get by plasma working long enough yesterday to get video on DVD and Sky that really is an eye opener....and then just to make my day as I was filming the plasma cut off completely….

So far as Mr Warrens comments in relation to the model number being just the bezel are concerned he seems to have neglected to answer these points: (see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180302&page=11&pp=15)

"Dear Mr Warren,

Thank you for your comments. Doubtless there will be a written response sent to those of us that may have contacted Tiny by letter (some of us via lawyers) dealing with these and the other issues that have been raised. It is, however, very encouraging to see that someone has take the time to respond and your comments are indeed very useful.

You say:

“Lawer237 has mentioned Screens from Powerchinese and is comparing these to ours as though they are the same screens"

I can only suggest that re-read what is said as that is not accurate at all. Firstly, please note that reference is also made to Prima. Secondly, I have been very careful to say at some length that Tiny may have an answer to the issue raised. Whether the answers you have provided are an answer in law is another matter but one I am, as you may know, addressing directly with Tiny and so I do not currently intend to debate that question here.

You say:

“the PS42-D8 to which he refers, and a few others have also noted, this sticker is also on the back of your screens relates to the part number for the bezel (the screens casing) from the company that manufactures them, Prima. It is unfortunate that another company appears to have decided to name their range after the bezels manufactured instead of creating a unique name for their range name”

In other words you seem to be saying (and please do correct me if I am wrong) that the reference to PS42-D8 simply refers to the case. Perhaps you would care to look at the following link:

http://www.xoceco.com/eweb/products/PDPTV.asp

Please note that Prima manufacture a model that has the same specifications as the one represented to me as a PS42-D8, they are not just referring to the case but to a specific model.

Please also see the following link:

http://www.xoceco.com/eweb/service/contactus.asp

Harwa is simply the German branch of Prima. A friend of mine who is a lawyer in Hong Kong is trying to establish exactly who Power Chinese Limited are.

Please see this link:

http://www.harwa.de/disp_whatsnew.php?Page=20041224

You will see that Harwa (who are Prima) also produce and sell an assembled model known as a PS42-D8 and an SKD of that model.

Yes, you are right the case is indeed one part of the SKD supplied but the issue is whether, as you seem to suggest, it is the only part from Prima that forms the plasmas supplied by Tiny.

We all share the common interest of clarifying exactly what we have purchased and so please can you help us further: I don’t mean to be rude but these are simple questions and will help enormously to resolve this issue:

1. Are you saying that the plasmas supplied to us are not SKD’s from Harwa/Prima.

2. What major component (apart from possibly the screen) is not supplied from Prima/Harwa.

3. Why are the instructions provided by Harwa for the Harwa Model PS42-D8 virtually identical (right down to some of the same sketches and diagrams and pictures) to the instructions provided by Tiny for a “Tiny” plasma.

4. Why do the assembly instructions for a Harwa SKD (available from Harwa’s site) deal with each of the processes you refer to.

5. Why is the GUI on a Harwa Model PS42-D8, apparently, identical to that on a Tiny plasma (again this is clearly apparent from the assembly instructions).

6. Why is the remote control on a Harwa Model PS42-D8 is identical (save for the removal of a Harwa identification).

7. Why are so many of the other parts and components supplied by Harwa as part of SHK so surprisingly familiar (Please see
http://www.harwa.de/SKD%20assembly/PS-42D8S/Processing/J-03Accessory%20processing%20(Remote%20control).doc

You say:

“Therefore when we state that an item is assembled in the UK, it is”.

Please then can you help me, you say you “make” and “design”, what do you make and what do you design. Whilst it is entirely a matter for Tiny if you can not make out each of those claims then I urge you to remove them from your advertisements. As it is, it remains to be seen exactly what you do assemble.

Tomorrow I will ask my firm to forward the letters that have been sent to your Mr Boys and your Managing Director in the hope that they can be responded to satisfactorily before the time limits identified in them expire. If you have the facility I will also send you a copy of the AVI footage of the plasma failing in various and different ways.

However, please remember that in relation to a number of the matters raised in these posts it will not be for me (and others) to show that the plasma does not comply with the contract we have but for Tiny to show that it does.

I look forward to an open response to these issues tomorrow, hopefully your further comments can provide us with some comfort as to what we have purchased.

Thank you"

…however all of that is now an issue for the court and not this thread.

Lawyer

Well, I'd certainly like some clarity on what exactly it is I have purchased.
Daniel, can we have some clarity?

Also, a reply to or even acknowledgement of my e-mail would be nice considering I am trying to have my replacement delivered by Tuesday?
(Was sent on 17-02-05 17:19pm).

However to be perfectly honest, after seeing the uproar Tiny's plasma's have caused, I'd rather have my money back and purchase something decent.

Thanks to Mr. Warrens intervention my card was fully refunded yesterday (without a restocking charge). I have to say Mr. Warren did honour his word and I think without his intervention on this forum my issues would not have been resolved.

Finally, an end to this sorry matter.

P. Myers

Hi my name is Simon Kenny. I have got a tiny plasma screen. Order number A0107328. My despatch date was 06/01/2005 and my log in is sikenny. I am not at all happy with this plasma tv screen as all faces look like they are painted realy heavley and have a solid line around them ! also there is a distintive line that appears in the middle of the screen. I am told that this screen has 3000/1 contrast,but when i turn the contrast right off you can still see a picture ! other people i know who have plasma screens of 3000/1 loose there picture when the contrast is turned right down. Please help as i am very dissatisifed with this screen.

I have been looking to buy a plasma recently and nearly bought a Tiny 4200. Thank you all for your comments on this site, which have saved me £1300.

Buyer! :thumbsup:

FOR THE KIND ATTENTION OF DANIEL WARREN – TINY

I find it difficult to understand why you should have a problem identifying me. I had a telephone conversation recently with your Mr Mark Forshore and he knew exactly who I was. No doubt he will have left a record of this on your computing system.

More to the point, however, is your statement that a refund following inspection still stands. I emailed you directly twice last Friday and even asked that you telephone me at home. You have not called back, though I note your further emails that day on this Forum.

As you now know, I will be away for a while owing to circumstances beyond my control. When I return I will get in touch with you in the hope we can resolve this thorny matter?

Mr Warren
Despite your e-mail last Thursday, I am still waiting for a call from the courier. Have sent you another e-mail today. It has now been exactly one month since my Tv has been delivered and never worked. So much for a seven day turnaround!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get these boxes of scrap out of my lounge and give me my money back so that I can go and buy a TV that works!

I would also like to point out that the consumer program on my local radio station BBC Three Counties have some disgruntled customers. I have sent them copies of my e-mails and the address of this thread and look forward to their input in the debate.

Daniel,

I have still received no word from you after sending my details on Feb 17th.
I have also received no word from the couriers.
To be honest with you, I have reached the end of my tether and no longer want this Plasma replaced.
I would like a full refund and this faulty Plasma taken away as soon as possible please.

I have also sent this to you on e-mail, I hope for a reply this time.

Dear All,

So far I have received emails from 25 people who read this forum, of which 1 included no account number or any details with which to trace an account baring their surname of which our current database has over 3,000 customers with that surname, of the remaining 24 emails only 11 have included their forum ids, these are AllenP, Bunty, TiofaValentine, MEP, Pauldepmanager, CaptainScarlet, Shoesy, redsi72, SiKenney, Nippy(18/02/05) two others I have managed to work out from posted information Chippydude, and Roversd1 (only worked out following his post of 17/02/05) however one thing to consider is this threed on the forum is for Tiny Customers to contact me with genuine complaints, I have been unable to answer the other 12 customers in that have emailed me in the forum as they have not provided any details with which to do that and therefore only their post is represented here.

One other thing to remember is that this 25 customers out of over 12,500 orders placed and although a unhappy customer is to many, we are working hard once contact is made for the issues raised to be resolved.

Tifa,

I have attempted to call both your Home and your mobile this morning with no answer as such I have sent you an email.

Nippy,

I am unable to access a account on our computer systems via a forum Id, we have over 10 million customers on our databases as such I am also unable to go though them and determine who might be a certain forum Id, for this reason I ask for forum Ids so that when posting an answer I can advise of the relevant information to your specific account as opposed to a general over view.

The presence in the forums is as I have stated previously an additional service as such it is not my full time role, although I am either replying directly to each email or arranging for someone from the plasma team to contact each customer, I am not and will not guarantee a immediate response to an email you send me, I do however check the forum.support email box as often as I am able. As such an Email sent to me on a Friday afternoon may not be answered till Monday, just like a post posted on the forums on a Saturday or Sunday will not be likely to be read by me until a Monday also.

Bunty,

I have spoken to your partner this morning and I have arranged for one of our advisors to contact you we have also been chasing the courier to contact you also.

Best Regards to all

Daniel Warren
Granville Technology
[email protected]

Daniel i have sent you another E-mail, including thecontact numbers i omitted.

Daniel,

Yes, you did ring both my home and mobile number once this afternoon. Once I had read your e-mail, I sent one back advising I would be available on my mobile from 3:30pm onwards. I await your call on my second e-mail.

Also, another thing to bear in mind is that are all 12,500 customers aware of this forum/using this forum? I don't wish to 'stir', however isn't saying that you only have 25 complaints out of 12,500 only counting this forum, not the customers who are complaining through the normal routes?

Regards,

TifaValentine

To
Daniel Warren

I did not feel the need to give you my forum ID before as i sent you my main details in an E-Mail on the 08/02/05 and promptly received a call the next day to confirm a replacement, as of 21/02/05 i have not been contacted again(mobile is best for me) by Tiny or any courier though i'm sure it wont be long now.
I was told the courier will only pickup the plasma and not swap that day.

I have two questions for you and would be grateful if you can assist me.

1, Is it possible for a direct swap as I cant afford to keep taking days off.

2, Is the replacement still going through as one Forum Member was told the shearing's a software problem and that all the Plasma needs is an update that can be done at the owners address.

I will E-Mail a copy of this post to you with my E-Mail address

Order ref TY10049770
Acc No ABLAGOOC
RMA 338935

Regards

the f plan

:eek: finally managed to capture my screen shearing on camera .... my camera is not great but you can clearly see the shearing.

Im sure Tiny will claim that this is an Optical illusion

Also tiny claim they have sold 12,500 why has the price not gone up and why are they still offering a dvd.the plasma was on special to the first 500 customers and the dvd to the first 200

Another point Daniel claims that they cant replicate the fault but another forum user posts that he has been told a software update resolves the issue.

Is like the X files... the truth is out there.

Attachments

• DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 628
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 547
that's exactly what mine does too....but it somehow knows to stop every time i point a camera at it. I am meant to be having an enginer come round to look "as they cannot recreate it their end".

if yours is anything like mine i hope the engineer brings his toothbrush, he could be there all night .

that was a TV advert , i was trying to capture off final destination dvd as it was doing it loads , i kept flicking back to the same place it did it again again - grabbed my camera flicked back again it didnt do it typical...

very difficult to capture..

I had same experience with resident evil movie that my son rented from blockbuster...was really bad in some scenes (the shearing, not the movie which is really bad in all scenes!) but when I went back there it didn't do it....i have warned them that if engineer does come that he's not leaving until he's seen it :)

I know what you're saying Mep, it seems the Plasma may have been programmed to behave whenever a camera or Tiny engineer is near it! Took me a while waiting with the camera on standby, but I managed to get a few pics too!

One question, What is the engineer going to do once he sees the shearing?

Good question and I have asked Daniel that and am just awaiting his reply. Have also asked about this software 'fix' which is something of a revelation.

indeed a software fix is interesting as this would imply tiny have acknowledged the fault ,also i doubt tiny would write the fix themselfs ,this would probably have to go back to the actual manufactures in asia ,to have a fix back all ready would imply tiny had identifyed the fault some time ago.
taking into account testing and all the usual factors of software development.

is that your second screen that still shears mep ?

yes it is the second one, I went into the service menu on it and it had a build date of nov 2004 even though it was delivered to me in late january......so its clearly not not one of the 'newer generation'

Very interesting, my Plasma is also a Nov 2004...

And thank you Mep, you have confirmed my suspicions: that a replacement may not correct the problem.

Tifa, well it didn't with mine....but apparently the newer ones are based upon newer generation samsungs so getting one of those may be an answer...Daniel has been helpful and continues to be so and it remains to be seen what outcome I shall have....but to be honest I would have to say that if you can get a refund now, based upon my own experience thus far, it has to be your best bet.

Thanks Mep, I am already trying to get a refund!

I would have gone for a replacement, however it seems that some replacements (as in your case) are as old as the original! Also, I am very unimpressed by the way all of this has been dealt with by Tiny. (Apart from Mr. Warren as I know he is trying his best to help people!) If I were to have any problems in the future, would I have to fight for another replacement? Would I be lied to by the analysts again, advising me that this kind of thing happens on ALL Plasmas? And how long would it take to deliver? Because of this, I would rather just not deal with Tiny anymore.

:(

can't say I blame you.....you can't deal with a company on the basis that they have one helpful person working for them!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom