1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiny Plasma, Please Give Me Hope!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by is1111, Mar 17, 2005.

1. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    hi all new to these forums and probably just made a big mistake. got sucked in to the "too good to be true" Tiny plasma deals and ordered one yesterday.
    Had seen a review by Home Cinema or something or other which gave it 4/5 and i thought for the money it can't be that bad surely. I only have a crappy 28" sanyo tv in living room for my sky+ and dvd and have a sony surround sound system. also have another crappy 32" goodmans tv for xbox/ps2&gamecube so thought this plasma screen can't be bad for the deal you are getting and compared to what i have just now its got to be an imporvement. But now (and a big BUT NOW) after reading on a few forums of all the problems everyone is having with Tiny i feel this could be a big mistake getting this 42" Plasma tv.
    I have paid a deposit of 100 quid but the balance of TV is not due till April 2006 so i thought i can't lose. Any problems with tv just return it and refuse to pay the balance. Probably screw my credit rating but i thought worry about that if it happens.

anyway after whittering on has anyone got any good reports on tiny. i can handle crap delivery as i am in no rush to get the tv (going away for a weeks sun before it will arrive anyway) and please don't just tell me to cancel order and buy some other tv. the other ones are much more expensive and i can't justify that kind of money right now whereas i can spread cost of this one out till next year when payment is due at no extra cost on what is already a cheap tv.
    i just would like to hear even 1 person who is satisfied with there tiny plasma (3000:1 ratio samsung one on offer now).
    thanks if you took the time to read this and even more thanks if you have replied with something constructive and helpful,

2. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have had a tiny pc which caused me nothing but grief it is a very long story which I won't go into now, but the way Tiny deal with customer complaints etc is shocking, do not touch them with a barge pole!

I would cancel your order immediatly and then look at some of the other threads to see what alternatives you have....

DONT GO NEAR TINY.COM!!

Cheers

Nick

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
  4. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just think what you will be able to buy with this money in April 2006 :D

If your in no rush, save up and buy something decent, that's what I'm doing.

Wackojacko32

5. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    guys pretty much what i was not wanting to hear and what i already know. as i said paid a 100 quid deposit which i don't know if i can get back if i cancel the order.
    although i am in no hurry to get the tv i was referring to the delivery problems people were having with tiny. i dont want to save my money till april 2006 and buy something then. point being i can have tv now and pay it up with no interest charges. as tv is cheap i'm not getting stung like some other interest free deals where the interest is in the price of tv anyway.
    as i said i only found these forums after i ordered and paid 100 quid deposit and was looking for one or two people to actually say they had received their tiny plasma, got it working and thought it was alright considering the price of the thing!.
    cheers

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    that's the whole point mate, you won't find anybody here to tell you what you do want to hear...just the truth

7. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Check out Argos at the moment - Goodmans 42" plasma for just £999. I've seen it running, and have to say (for the cost) it's really not that bad. It also has DVI, which is good. Although the res is only 852x480. I'm sorry to get you down, i'm sure you are really excited about getting your screen. Hopefully though all the bad publicity Tiny has had of late will give it a much needed kick up the bum hole, and your order will probably go through fine.

8. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    neil thats what i am hoping for. hopefully get the delivery without too much hassle and that it works ok. i know if there is a problem with it then i am in trouble as tiny are obviously hopeless on the follow up. my saving grace is they wont really have had any money from me so that will be my bargaining tool.

Mep i appreciate you taking time to reply but as my post says i was looking for at least one or two people to say they
    actually received the tv and it works and is better than what they had. i am not expecting exceptional quality as you get what you pay for but all there appears to be is loads of people with problems. surely Tiny must have got some right or they would have just given up with the plasmas. not good business to give me a tv that has no chance of working and not making me pay for it up front.
    i know i have entered a credit agreement to pay for the thing but if it don't work or doesn't work as advertised then i have a case when i refuse to actually pay them the money.

cheers again from a now despondant worried sucker. was so excited when i confirmed the order too, need to stop impulse buying!!!!! lol

9. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    deanym not a bad idea but i already ripped the arse out of the 0% credit cards. pretty much been with every company over the years transferring any balance i had to dodge paying interest so no offers left i can take advantage of!
    cheers
    ian

10. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i impulse bought mine too...and am on the second one.....my honest opinion is that i can live with it as a second screen (main screen is now a panny) for occasional sky viewing and it is certainly fine for xbox and ps2.....dvd pq is not bad at all...until it shears and that ruins the experience. For teh cost of it i'm not massively worried, more P*ssed off as I was also very excited when I first ordered it.

11. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but you aren't directly paying tiny the money - you will be paying the credit company, who will already of paid Tiny.

read the threads posted above, Tiny also appeared on T.V the other week in that consumer show (can't remember what it's called, bit like Crime Watch but not) crap service, crap deliverys, crap goods.

Can't believe someone is still wanting to keep the purchase even after reading the above threads - youve should be able to cancel order and get £100 deposit back, IIRC their is a cooling off period with Credit agreements, someone will correct me if not the case.

regards
    Gary

12. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I don't see why anyone thinks they are cheap. I think they are relying on folks just not realising how much prices on quality plasmas have fallen.

13. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    thanks will look into this. as it was a deposit pretty much thought it wouldn't be refundable so was kind of willing to take my chances instead of just losing 100quid. if i can get this refunded will probably cancel as i obviously didn't know of all the problems with tiny when i ordered and was just excited about the prospect of a much bigger and nicer looking tv in my living room.

14. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    you should have at least 7 days cooling off and don't even need a reason...changed your mind is good enough....so if they try and talk you out of it, ignore them

15. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tiny plasma is just plain bad - it has no good points to recommend it. The operation is slow and awful, the remote is crap, the picture loses its integrity as soon as there is any rapid movement - the list could go on.

I'm on my second in 4 months, with the second one actually worse than the first...

16. mucca_D

mucca_D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    £2600 RRP and £1300 is not cheap!!

+ ithink it was HD that said you do not expect to buy a cheap car and put up the the engine not starting or the radio does not play cds.

17. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in fact, based on that, my car is actually a better plasma than the Tiny unit :D as it doesn't shear in any direction :smashin:

Gary

18. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    What makes you think it will "ok" for gaming...... Gaming is very hard to get right fast action motion lots of bright and dark details not to mention screen burn, etc........
    Doesnt work like that!!!!

Pointless ordering it then as by the time you get back prices will have fallen again!!!! (THERE is no such thing as 0% finance the cost is builtinto the cash price!!!)
    What does cheap mean???

19. fitz62

fitz62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

you can get youre deposit back from tiny,youre in the same boat i was ,i purchased a plasma from tiny and cancelled it ,they said i could have my deposit back no probs. i got a panasonic pw6 from richer sounds and im well happy only£1099, seek more help on this forum re what to connect it to,i got a daewoo media box,wich isnt the best option,but overall im very happy with it