1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiny LCD 32"?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by J0nesy, Apr 10, 2005.

1. J0nesy

J0nesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Newbie here....

I have been looking around @ various shops & websites trying 2 decide which LCD to go for!!! My budget is £1000, Today I went to Tiny to have a look @ what was on offer. They have a 32" LCD but not displayed (unfortunatley) but looking @ the spec it looked quite reasonable. The price with delivery comes to £1100, U can't pick up the LCD yourself, so u have to pay £100 Delivery :mad: . The spec looked appealing but the 1 thing it was lacking was a DVI socket, It has VGA, is their a big difference? also it is HDTV ready which is an advantage over the other LCD I was looking @, http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=83120.

Has anybody bought an LCD from Tiny? Are they any good? I read a couple of posts about problems with Plasma's from Tiny, Anybody had any difficulty with LCD's?

Any advice gr8tly appreciated. :lease:

Cheers

Dave, ;)

2. antiscam

antiscam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although most complaints seem to be about Plasma screens you have to ask yourself is their apalling customer service really worth the hassle? And remember , you'll probably get hit with a £150 restocking fee if you have to send it back.

If you do buy, make sure you use a credit card that offers a decent amount of protection. At least if it all goes wrong you can get your credit card company to jump on them.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Dave

If it hasn't got an DVI+HDCP or HDMI socket, it isn't HDTV ready. Give it a miss if HDTV is what you want.

4. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I would give it a miss either way m8, there are plenty more suppliers around that other FAR better SERVICE, if you have a look in the plasma section on here you will see pages of complaints with regards to TINY (Tough Its Now Yours) with faults on there Plasma's, waiting weeks for refunds collections etc.

Be Aware.

Taz

5. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto Taz.

I can't believe anyone would seriously consider buying anything from Tiny after they've read the Tiny Plasma thread. Glutton for punishment springs to mind.

regards
    Gary

6. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    well i have just found this forum but have already ordered one and i am now wondering if i should cancel.it is purchased witha credit card so i do have a level of protection.but having read all about the problems with the plasma screens i now have a shadow of doubt. i would dearly like to invest in a product that is about as british as we can get.
    i purchased a tiny computer second hand some years ago and it never missed a beat, and although it is now completly rebuilt to update it still has the original casing and floppy drive, everything else is my additions.
    what i really want is to hear from anyone who has a tiny lcd and what are their views??

7. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

I do not have tiny lcd, but I have just had a 3 month battle to get rid of a PC i had bought from them, it was a nightmare form start to finish, please do not buy anything from this company, their customer service is appaling!

8. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Not worth it considering you can get the Sharp Aquos LC32-GA5E at John Lewis Oxford Street for £1050.

9. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cancel it Quick ijd!!! Not only is it not really that good, well you know the rest.....

Jimmy

10. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    just cancelled! :thumbsup:

11. priceless

priceless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get much better sets for your budget atm, and after hearin the problems tiny has had i would give it a miss..

12. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    just got myself a 32 in aquos...superb £899.99 from unbeatable in crawley, just took the last one off the shelf :clap: :clap: :clap: :smashin:

13. fancyabrew

fancyabrew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    whenEVER you see the word Tiny, on ANY product AVOID!

14. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Why does it take 28 days to refund after a cancelation,1 email and 5 long phone calls ,being played like a ping pong ball from department to department. totally unacceptable, had to involve the credit card company. i think my hard earned was just used for this time to boost the tiny.com bank account.this should be illegal especially as their terms and conditions state cancelled orders will be refunded after seven days. incidently the email and first three calls were all denied and not responded too although i had names and times, why did simon try to call me and when no answer forgot about me (although no message on answer phone) and did they really think a free dvd would change my mind?? and all 5 phone calls i was assured the money would be returned in seven days...
    tiny.com no chance ever again.

tiny plasma tiny lcd tiny theatre tiny dvd