1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiny.com PC's

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Kryters74, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I made a massive mistake and bought a Tiny.Com PC, I was just wondering if anybody else out there has had any issues with the PC and or with the Tiny customer service? (I know there are a couple of plasma screen threads that mirror my experiance with the PC)

I appreciate any feedback you guys can give

Cheers

Nick

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Not personally, but a friend of mine bought a Tiny PC a few years back. He paid for the customer support so that he would not need to pay premium rate phone calls, but could never get through so did in the end call the 0890 or whatever number. He had a bundled scanner that was DOA and it cost him more in the cost of the phone call than the scanner was worth.
    A few months later his PC kept crashing for no reason. Yet again on the 0890 number he got an engineer out who said he knew what it was. Tiny were putting under powered power supplies in the cases. Replaced the PSU and the PC worked fine!
    The above was back in 2000/01 and before Tiny were bought out by Time Computers, but by the tone of your post I assume things are not any better now!

Mark.

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I have always wondered if they were any good now. They always seem to get good reviews in the pc mags. Mind you they advertise a hell of alot in the press.

4. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have had a nightmare!, within 5 days of turning up the motherboard failed, so it went back to be repaired ( I wish now that I had rejected and cancelled the whole deal), they did turn it round fairly quickly as it was back within a week, but about 3 weeks later the same fault occured.

It was locking up every time I tried to play any game, the whole system would stop dead and it had to be switched off every time (on the reboot windows would scan the disk as it was reporting serious errors). In the end Tiny tech support said they would send out a disk to update the motherboard, they promised it would be with me within 5 days, 2 weeks later it had still not arrived....

I called the customer service at this point as I was so fed up with the bloody thing to request a full refund and was told that a manager would call me back to discuss it.

One week later I had still not heard anything so I took the whole system down to my local ' The Computer Shop' and stayed there for 4 hours until Tiny.Com offered me a full refund......3 weeks have now passed and they still owe me over a grand!!

Add to all that the 40 minutes it takes every time to get through to the customer service dept and I think it is fairly safe to say that Tiny are one of the worse companies I have ever had to deal with

DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM TINY.COM!

Cheers

Nick

5. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A long time ago in a land far away (1997, Redhill, Surrey) I worked for the "old" Tiny head office

It took a month before I decided to leave for my own benefit. At that stage, there were faxes from customers lying all over the floor being totally ignored. We received loads of faxes because customers simply could not get through on the phone anymore. Same for customer services. The management tried, the staff tried, but they were working within the constraints of a system dictated by the directors, with resources dictated by the directors. The machines were ok-ish...nothing great, but there were no intentional known problems with them....I think tiny were a victim of their own success and were slowly bleeding....

I know they went bust and were bought out by Time, and the name then sold to be rebadged as tiny.com, but there is a stigma associated with that name for me, and I cant get the images out of my head of how the place was run.
    :suicide:

6. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I would be suprised if they are as organised as that now!

7. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,456
    If you paid by credit card get on to your card provider as they are jointly liable with the supplier. It's amazing how quickly suppliers can issue refunds once a card company becomes involved....

8. Explorer999111

Explorer999111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Tiny computer several years ago (before Time took over) and found it to be of reasonable quality although my problems started immediately when the bundled digi camera which was DOA. I was told to contact the camera manufacturer (Fuji) and completely fobbed off by Tiny.... it was probably one of my Faxes or Recorded delivery Letters which were strewn on their office floor as mentioned above.... they didn't reply to any of my correspondence and its fair to say I have not got a good word to say about them..... very happy and quick to take your cash but sub standard customer service --- Fortunately FUJI were as good as gold and very helpful...Wouldn't touch TINY again