1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tinkering..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pete Delaney, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,
    Once I get my screen installed I would like to ensure I am getting the best out of my Z1. At the mo I am shooting at a magnolia wall so I haven't bothered with any calibration. Let's face it, guys like to tinker ( my folks used to call me a little tinker.....or was it stinker:rolleyes: )
    So to get to my question, I have read that some discs (THX?) have a set-up guide/aid. Is it on all THX discs, is the facility advertised on the rear cover? I understand it's on the T2 dvd, any others? I would like to get such a disc to try it out, anybody tried/recommend this?

Cheers,
    Pete....

2. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I think it's been on all THX discs of late though I could be wrong. Episode II, Fight Club, and a lot of Pixar and Disney stuff (Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Atlantis, Fantasia 2000) come to mind.

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    but you would be advised to try and get a proper calibration disc if you want to do any sort of extensive playing

ad

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

.......................... and get yourself a screen.... a magnolia wal isn't really going to do it for you.... links in the FAQ to diy instructions, £30 or less will get you a vast improvement.

Sean G.

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    seconded! Even if you had the best calibration gear in the world, that wall is going to be a limiter!

ad

6. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,
    I bought a new screen at the same time as I bought the pj. I am waiting for a replacement as the first screen arrived dented, chipped and had long scratches on the back of it, which been clumsily painted over.:eek:
    I'll have a read through DIY to see what you chaps are talking about
    :smoke:
    Cheers
    Pete....