Tingle/slight vibration when charging ipad 2

Jimx26

Hi,

I have just picked up my ipad 2 whilst charging and felt a strange vibration when I touched the metal back. I am assuming this is not normal, has anyone elsehad this?

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Sounds like a low level electric shock :eek:

iNspectorgadJet

I get that too every once in a while. Have felt it on other devices before too. Don't think it's a big deal.

Maybe we're just more in tune with our electronics. :)

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I have just picked up my ipad 2 whilst charging and felt a strange vibration when I touched the metal back. I am assuming this is not normal, has anyone elsehad this?

not on my ipad, but I use to get that on my old iphone 3G, never concerned me

Jimx26

Nothing to worry about then?

RyanMacG

Standard Member
Jimx26 said:
Nothing to worry about then?

Maybe, I never really thought about it. I used to get it off of my iPod too...might be down to the metal backing

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Had it on my iPhone 4 a few times, usually when it's charging and I'm on the phone to someone. Had my ear shocked a few times!

Not had any issues with iPad 1 or 2 though.

christam

Yes I get it too but not too concerned. I also get static sometimes with certain clothes. Must be the sign of a magnetic personality :D

Last edited:

The Wizard

Standard Member
I'm getting this on "The New" iPad started today, anybody else having this issue??

Should it go back to Apple? It's only a week old..

dc8900

Distinguished Member
I'm getting this on "The New" iPad started today, anybody else having this issue??

Should it go back to Apple? It's only a week old..

feel free to but personally I wouldn't worry

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
I have had this on loads of things in the past and thought it was just me!?! Asked at work and they all laughed at me. :)

Anyway, it happens when I do as described above, gentle move my hand or fingers of a metal surface that us either powered or charging. I can recreate it on my iPad 1, Mac Mini Server, original iPod nano, and other non Apple kit like a Sony HiFi and my Onkyo Amp.

It's weird, yes, but I think it's normal. Try testing this on other metal kit and you will soon realise its nothing new.

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Had the same thing on many items with a aluminium case, inc ipad 1/2 ipod touch 1/2 and a mini hifi.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom