1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timmy Two Subs?!? Or Wanni One Sub?!?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Kazman, May 12, 2004.

1. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I have the Kef PSW2500 just how I want it now, but am intrigued by what would happen if I added the old Eltax to the mix.

The Eltax has good range, but it does boom a bit, it has 175watts to play with and a 10" downfiring front ported layout.

I bought a splitter last night, and am going to hook up the Eltax sub as well, just to see what it sounds like. Going to set the crossover very low.

Apart from a bit of boom, the Eltax sub wasn't all bad, terrible with music though, so will switch it off for CD's. I'm thinking that I might place the Sub at the other end of the room (25ft length and 13ft wide).

What would be the best way to go about it? Or shouldn't I bother?

Advice please :lease: . And should I set the Eltax to a 180 degree phase?

2. drago

drago
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kazman
    I have used my old sub, a Yamaha 105 with my KEF 2500 and it works great. Had to set the phase at 180, I had both subs at front also try placing some heavy weights on top of KEF this also helps
    :smashin:

3. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Other people have found that having a sub at the front and a sub to the rear helps with room equalization. However, two subs are a lot more difficult to setup and I feel if your cheap eltax sub would probably be better left out of the equasion.