Timesplitters 2

ytgti

Established Member
Reaction score
Cant wait, out on friday ( x-box, ps2 ).

Want it on GC so i'll buy it for ps2 from game then trade it in next week for GC, might have an x-box for christmas but the GC will do for now.

Who else is looking forwards to this game, if its anything like goldeneye ( which its supposed to be ) then i cant wait.

Been looking forward to Timesplitters 2 more than any other game (even Mario) and guess what - my copy shipped from Tronix this afternoon :D.

So when will you get it, or have you.

Booked myself a flight over. Make sure that fridge is full.;) :D :D

Originally posted by ytgti
So when will you get it, or have you.

Booked myself a flight over. Make sure that fridge is full.;) :D :D

You're very welcome mate ;).

Tronix deliveries usually reach me within 3 days :).

Originally posted by groundy
You're very welcome mate ;).

Tronix deliveries usually reach me within 3 days :).

So i'll have it on friday @ 2:00, when i leave work.

But you wont get it till saturday.:p :p :p :p .

all 3 version are almost identical, but the xbox has slightly crisper gfx when compared to the other 2 say C&VG.

The playstation 2 version has improved loads, ive seen some screenshots and they look very good.
:eek:

been playing both Xbox and PS2 version today and there is hardly any difference between them. Such a stunning looking game..:)

Originally posted by museumsteve
been playing both Xbox and PS2 version today and there is hardly any difference between them. Such a stunning looking game..:)

yep all the big new PS2 games are starting to use highres textures and good anti aliasing.

Im not saying it can match the xbox but it sure makes me a happy bunny

Groundy do you have a little time machine cabinet????

How on earth do you manage to play so many games??? I assume you run a full time games shop?

Such a corking game, been playing two player with my bro tonight. Class, you can see alot of Goldeneye in there.

Finished the first level on normal in less than an hour. Second level seems a little bit boring but I'll stick with it. Undecided as of yet although I like the expressions on the blokes through the sniper rifle.

When is this actually released on Gamecube - some sites like Play.com have got it stated as 25/10/02, others have got it 01/11/02.

Which is it?

been waiting for timespltters 2 ever since i heard they were doing a second game now its here i have got to say i am underwelmed.
the multi player feels almost indentical to the first,apart from they seem to have sorted the frame rate on four player.
also on four player the screen size is pathetic everything seems zoomed in,like your looking down a piece of pipe or something.
oh and while i'm here the first level is the best i have played so far!
what do you guys think after having a weekend with it?

I thought the frist level was OK but a bit on the short side : asumed it was almost a training level.

Finished the second level last night : bit surprised as it seemed even less involving than the first level.

I hope it picks up a bit. So far dissapointing. (this is on normal)

I also find the aiming mode next to useless. I get better results not using it ( apart from scoped weapons)

Originally posted by hobbes
are you sure about that? i've only seen one place out of ten say it is the 25th

Shaun

Was that Play?. Just had a look and you might be right.

They must off put it back untill Monday (01/11/02). The last i knew Game, Gameplay and Play All had them at the 25th, play still have it down as this friday so there might be some chance of receiving it this week from them. But anyway i appologise if ive missled anyone.

Er, 1/11/02 is a Friday, one week after 25/10/02, to be exact. It's also the release date for Eternal Darkness. I shall not be amused if they both come out on the same day.

WHICH DO I PLAY??? :rolleyes:

i'm with you t-force, my wallet is going to get a right hammering in november :(;

timesplitters 2
eternal darkness
starfox
metroid prime
wavebird controller
(then theres the action replay if it ever comes out which means imports are a go go :D)

Shaun

Bought Timesplitters II on the PS2 since I wasn't sure of how all of the controls would fit on the GameCube, plus there was no LAN option sadly... So far the PS2 version is very classy and I couldn't help but grin when the first level was introduced. Kudo's to the peeps at Free Radicals since it sounds, and feels like G/Eye done for the new generation ^_^ Not surprising of course but I had the same feeling playing this game as I did when GoldenEye first came out and the multi-player game is stupidly sweet. All I need to do now is to wait for my mate to get his copy so we can have a 2 Vs 2 team game.

Feel sorry for the PAL GC gamers though because its going to be a very expensive winter as hobbes pointed out. Got my Metroid Prime on pre-order and Metroid Fusion on the GBA but you won't be disappointed with any of those games thats for sure. All I need to do now is to find some spare time to play on these games...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom