Timeslip PIP on new Panasonics?

*Claire*

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Panasonic EX75 to replace my slowly dying :( E85.

One feature I like on the E85 is the picture in picture when using timeslip. Can anyone with one of the new machines please let me know if this still happens? I had assumed it would be the same but have now read through the EX75/85 manual and the picture shown for timeslip doesn't have the PIP.

Thanks,

Claire

Gavtech said:
Sorry Claire. I dont have an EX75 so I cannot confirm this for you.

Have you seen this thread about timeslip which is also running here today?
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375905

I was hoping someone in that thread would be able to confirm for you.

Good Luck

I've read the manual quite thoroughly and haven't read anything about PIP. I also haven't seen any options for this whilst I've been playing with it so I think it probably hasn't. I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Glenn.

Thanks Glenn. Not the answer I was hoping for, but the PIP would appear whenever timeslip is pressed so would be impossible for you not to notice.

What benefit do you get from this? I don't understand why you're finding it so useful?

I suppose my main use is when transferring things from VHS (which I do a lot). With the PIP I can easily check on what I'm recording, so fast forward through adverts / check tracking is okay etc while watching something else from the HDD without having to keep stopping and starting playback. And generally I just like to keep track of whatever I'm recording since I never watch anything 'live' anymore.

I know it isn't a necessary feature but I am so accustomed to using it on the E85, it will be strange to no longer have this ability.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom