• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Timeslip PIP on new Panasonics?

*Claire*

Standard Member
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Panasonic EX75 to replace my slowly dying :( E85.

One feature I like on the E85 is the picture in picture when using timeslip. Can anyone with one of the new machines please let me know if this still happens? I had assumed it would be the same but have now read through the EX75/85 manual and the picture shown for timeslip doesn't have the PIP.

Thanks,

Claire

Gavtech

Administrator
G

ghooton

Gavtech said:
Sorry Claire. I dont have an EX75 so I cannot confirm this for you.

Have you seen this thread about timeslip which is also running here today?
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375905

I was hoping someone in that thread would be able to confirm for you.

Good Luck

I've read the manual quite thoroughly and haven't read anything about PIP. I also haven't seen any options for this whilst I've been playing with it so I think it probably hasn't. I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Glenn.

*Claire*

Standard Member
Thanks Glenn. Not the answer I was hoping for, but the PIP would appear whenever timeslip is pressed so would be impossible for you not to notice.

G

ghooton

What benefit do you get from this? I don't understand why you're finding it so useful?

*Claire*

Standard Member
I suppose my main use is when transferring things from VHS (which I do a lot). With the PIP I can easily check on what I'm recording, so fast forward through adverts / check tracking is okay etc while watching something else from the HDD without having to keep stopping and starting playback. And generally I just like to keep track of whatever I'm recording since I never watch anything 'live' anymore.

I know it isn't a necessary feature but I am so accustomed to using it on the E85, it will be strange to no longer have this ability.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom