Timeshift worth £12.99 of my cash?

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the overall verdict on Timeshift then?

Searched the forum, read most of the comments (there's not that many actually) and i get the impression it got a lukewarm rating :confused:

It's £12.99 at Play.com at the moment which seems like a bit of a bargain to me..

Go for it, it's a good game, I played the first few levels of it and it's good, just casue it's cheap does not mean it's pants, £15 from gamestation....

I played the first couple of hours over xmas and it seemed like a nice game. Nothing groundbreaking but a good solid engine and really nice graphics which seem to scale well. The time function is fun to use and don't really have anything bad to say about the game so far. I was able to max out the graphics on my 8800GT and it really looks gorgeous, especially the rain effects!

I thoroughly enjoyed it - take it for what it is - namely slow mo battles with decent guns and you won't be disappointed. TimeShift certainly rates as one of my favourite games of 2007.

I would say its worth that. Was certainly some decent bits in there. Thought some of the levels owe quite a lot to Half Life 2.

I would say its worth that. Was certainly some decent bits in there. Thought some of the levels owe quite a lot to Half Life 2.
Indeed, it felt similar to HL2 to me too, especially the way in which sequences were scripted. Of course this is no bad thing and it certainly made you feel involved in the action.

Severely under rated game this is, don't know why COD4 is getting so much attention, graphics wise this puts it to shame, and it's ultra smooth, graphics/performance ratio is the best I have ever seen...., gameplay is great, for £12.99 is a steal....

Ordered it anyway :rolleyes:. turned up today. Just finished installing it so I'll give it a blast in the morning.

If I don't like it I'll be dishing out infractions to anyone who recommended it :D

Ordered it anyway :rolleyes:. turned up today. Just finished installing it so I'll give it a blast in the morning.

If I don't like it I'll be dishing out infractions to anyone who recommended it :D

If you do like how about you remove my infraction from CAS FAN....:)

In which case I will go back in time and edit my comments! :laugh:

Time shift is ***** mate, poor graphics & gameplay is a bit naff as well.

BUT it's not in the same league as say COD4, online it is very dull....

Had a few problems with Nvidia driver crashing but other than that it's a pretty good game once you get in to it. Quite pretty and running nice FPS with everything maxxed and AA/AF maxxed in Nvidia control panel :smashin:

Time shift is ***** mate, poor graphics & gameplay is a bit naff as well.

BUT it's not in the same league as say COD4, online it is very dull....

It's not about online mode, Lost Planet was great single player but online it sucked, but I never got it for online mode, graphics wise Timeshift does better than COD4..., the weather effects, smoothness and performance is top notch, I take it your one of them COD4 fan boys?

Quite pretty and running nice FPS with everything maxxed and AA/AF maxxed in Nvidia control panel :smashin:

YOu mean better graphics and performance than COD4, but you don't want to admit it due to all the COD4 fanboys bashing you?, it's a shame games like this get poor sales...., their should be some kind of fund, where something is given back to those games which are good but sales wise they just don't do very well.....

To be honest i'm not much of an online player, don't really have the time. I like a game i can sit down when i have 30mins spare, do some random blasting then save and come back later.

Timeshift seems to fit the bill perfectly. Saying that COD4 did as well and graphically it is very very nice but for an offline player like myself it was just too short.

I'm not knocking COD4 as it was one if not my single favourite game. Just would have liked a bit more of it!

Did you end up finisihing this in the end? I was wondering how long the SP is?

Did you end up finisihing this in the end? I was wondering how long the SP is?

Nah as mentioned above i tend to get 30mins here and there, haven't played a game at all since Sunday.

Good game though, particular enjoy pausing time then going up and nicking the Enemies gun :smashin:

Oops, the question was aimed at meansizzler (forgot to quote!) as I know that he owned the game since launch!

I wouldn't have expected you to complete it that quickly Uridium, I'm sure you're like me and it will take you months to finish it off!

Oops, the question was aimed at meansizzler (forgot to quote!) as I know that he owned the game since launch!

I wouldn't have expected you to complete it that quickly Uridium, I'm sure you're like me and it will take you months to finish it off!

Ha no, I am still at jericho, but I got back into it, and wow, the game is just phenominal, highly underated, think of F.E.A.R, the first one, but realistic physics, better graphics and smooth gameplay, that's what this game reminds me of... I swear I stole a gun of this guy and he was begging for his life cause he was unarmed, literally on his hands and knees, nothing beats giving someone a shotgun into in the head while your in bullet time, then quit back out of it and watch the body go flying and the blood splatter, quick way to take a group of guys out....

A tank was shooting rockets at me and I was dodging them left and right in bullet time, the smoke effect are top notch, well pretty much all the weather effect are, I thought I caught a glimpse of gunfire but it was the wind blowing the leaves....:D, they really did do a great job on this, just wish I could snatch COD4 out of everyones hands and replace it with this

So I'm not the only one who has a few games running at a time! Sounds great, can't wait to get some more hours in!

So I'm not the only one who has a few games running at a time! Sounds great, can't qait to get some more hours in!

Hell no, depending on my mood I'm currently playing -

Timeshift
MotoGP 2007
COD4 (again)
MoH Airborne
DiRT
Crysis
C&C 3
Act of War
C&C Generals (for about the 43rd time)..... I love this game

I played the demo on PS3 stroy mode was good, but online was just :censored:!! :thumbsdow

I played the demo on PS3 stroy mode was good, but online was just :censored:!! :thumbsdow

It's not really for online mode, hence me not mentioning it, you can't say one game is better than another due to online made, and you can't rate it for that either, some games have good short story then good online mode eg .. COD4, and they were made just for online mode like UT3, while some games just have a great single player mission, eg Jericho and online while with Timeshift and Lostplanet have a great single player and online is just a freebie they have thrown in...

Well playing more, got the sniper, heh, anyway I shot a gun out of someones hand, and well he asked for mercy, so I started shooted another armed guard, while I was doing that the unarmed guy picks up his gun and starts shooting at mem...heh

Rememeebr to play this on hard, not normal...

you can't say one game is better than another due to online made, and you can't rate it for that either,

Errr you can if you are primarily an online gamer. I tend to play the MP part of any FPS game, before I get anywhere near completing the SP section. If I want a good storyline I usually play RPG.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom