Timeshift demo

Batch

Has this not been out for ages, i've got a timeshift demo on an OXM magazine disc dating June 06

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Since the release of that demo the game has changed siginificantly, they basically took it back to the drawing board and started again, check out the Timeshift Preview Thread

edwardtickle

This has been confusing me for ages, as i saw the trailer and downloaded it on the marketplace recently, then found the demo on an old oxm disc. Thanks for the confirmation guns. :thumbsup:

chrislad

It's okay. Standard FPS. Rental for me anyways.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
It's okay. Standard FPS. Rental for me anyways.

I thought it was fantastic! Massive surprise for me as I really didn't know anything about the game & didn't have any enthusiasm downloading the demo.

Graphics may not be up there with the best of them but I loved the futuristic setting, the mean looking mechs/ bladerunner style choppers etc. & the rumble seemed more effective than most games as the mechs were moving around somewhere close really adding to the atmosphere.

Weapons were alot of fun & very satisfying to use, bow was very reminiscent of the GoW torque bow but (alot)easier to use:) Also liked the destructive environments, something most games seem to have these days but some seem to carry it off better than others(this being one).

Timeshifting also seemed alot of fun, especially pausing time, pinching the weapon from an enemies hands, restarting time & watching the enemy looking down at their hands as if "what the hell?!? lol. Reminded me of nomorexbox360s and his "look at me hands" trick:laugh:

There aren't many demos that unexpectedly impress but this was certainly one of them, another one to watch(as if I need more!!!:rolleyes:).

Damn you M$ and all your demos!:devil:

Codehead

Distinguished Member
Was really impressed by the video of this that was around a while back. Downloaded the demo last night (Cheers JPG) but haven't managed to play it yet.

I'm guessing the timeshifting element won't make it into multiplayer matches?

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing the timeshifting element won't make it into multiplayer matches?

It does, or at least a form of it does. How they've got over the problem of multiplayer time shifting is to turn it into a thrown grenade force field where everything within the blast radius slows down to a snails pace. Sounds pretty funny capturing your enemy inside and firing a few holes into his helpless body:rotfl:

Watched a video of the multiplayer last night, did look a bit tacked-on, although I didn't check to see how old the video was. Will be interested to check the reviews when they spring up, sounds like the game is almost due for release.

kevlar

Well I for one was well impressed with the graphics. Gameplay wise reminded me a lot of FEAR for obvious reasons, which I loved so will defo be picking this up.

[email protected]

I quite liked the demo once I had got used to the time mechanic. The graphics looked like a poor mans Killzone 2 tho.

lol, did you get a bit carried away with the whole time travel thing and travel to the future? Only way you could have seen KZ2 ingame graphics. You obviously didnt follow the development of KZ if you believe what the developers tell you, believe it or not they actually convinced people for 2 years that KZ was going to be good too :eek:

Ewan154

I really enjoyed the demo and very impressed with the graphics:)

will definatley be buying this:thumbsup:

edwardtickle

Prefered this to the original demo from around a year ago, but didn't actually end up using the time powers apart from when necessary. Absolutely loved the crossbow with exploding ammo, got to be my favourite weapon of all time!

D

Deadsquirrel

Looks very promising this,

I can't get enough of freezing time and taking the enemy mobs guns off them :D Priceless.
The game shows lots of promise.

I was a bit worried a month or so ago as Gamer Tv (on Bravo) where demoing it and a lot of the time instances i.e. Fast Forwards, Rewinds Etc. seemed to be scripted and not in the players control, however, after playing this demo it appears that the player can choose to have control or let scripted events dictate what happens.

evade

Downloaded this last night and I'm liking the demo, must admit Edge magazine did an article about this game a little while ago and it just didn't ring any "Buy me " bells, but after this demo I can see me picking this up :)

Markoos

Wow. Didn't go in expecting much but this blew me away. Love the Terminator-esque setting, the time controls work well and I agree with the guy above about the exploding crossbow ammo being great. Ok it's basically the torque bow from Gears, but it's even gorier! :D

steviebwoy

I quite liked the demo once I had got used to the time mechanic. The graphics looked like a poor mans Killzone 2 tho.

What a daft thing to say. Killzone 2 is one of Sony's flagship titles. The budgets of the respective titles are nowhere near comparable. Timeshift is simply an addition to the already strong assortment of FPS games on the 360; it's unlikely to move any mountains but you've compared it with one of the most eagerly and high-budgeted awaited PS3 titles for some time.

Slightly unfair in my view.

We all know you have both a PS3 and a 360 so it's inevitable you'll compare the two, but try to keep it constructive please.

fcz

downloaded this last wk but only just got a chance to play it tonight, and i have to say.......

i loved it!!! didn't think i would after i saw it on gamer tv as someone else has mentioned but i really enjoyed the demo alot!!

another game to add to my wanted list!! :(

Dan87

Standard Member
downloaded this last wk but only just got a chance to play it tonight, and i have to say.......

i loved it!!! didn't think i would after i saw it on gamer tv as someone else has mentioned but i really enjoyed the demo alot!!

another game to add to my wanted list!! :(

Lol I know what you mean, I have 11 games pre ordered just on the 360 between now and end of November :D

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX launches Onyx MQA supporting DAC/Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio introduces Evo all-in-one audio system
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts