Timer switches recomendations

Giraffe76

Hi all,

Im looking for some recomendatiions for timer switches that are needed at a property that i have but dont live in often but want to make it seem like someone is living there.
Because i wont be living there much i wont have an internet connection so if i understand it correctly i wont be able to get any smart devices.

Some years back i did use a couple of switches from a high street shop(wont mention the name) and it worked well but i had to change when they turned on and off manually but wondered if there was anything i could buy and setup which would change the time that lights came on daily and leave to run for a week or 2.

Hope this post makes sense and i have put it in the correct place.. if not please move it.

witchdrash

Hue plugs and bulbs have a randomiser setting in the app that allows you to set an on/off time and then say (for example) "come on within 20 minutes of this time, switch off within 30 minutes of that time" so the lights will be on for around the same period but not come on at exactly the same time, we use it when we used to go on holidays.

Downside is Philips hue is quite pricey.

Giraffe76

Thank you for your reply. I have looedk at your suggestion despite what you said about the price but didnt think it would be that price. Do you know if something like that needs an internet connection?

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom