Timeline

Wedlock

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Timeline , which is released by EIV in the UK , has a DTS track.

Doesn't like there have been any announcements, so the answer is no. Nobody can tell you either way at this point in time.

Can someone give an update on this matter ?

I watched the R1 last night.... no DTS track, no matter how earthshatteringly good it might be (compared to the very good DD track), could save that film from stinking like a 2 week old kipper:laugh:
It made me pine for King Arthur and the spaceman or whatever that bad Disney film was called, which is not a good thing for any film to do.

One very bad film.:laugh:

Is it really that bad??

I enjoyed the book and when I saw it in the video shop the other day and would have rented it but they were all out.

Must admit I did wonder why I had heard so little about it, but assumed as it was on R1 that it was simply released alot earlier than some are over here.

Gonna have to search now and read a few reviews, as love the reviews of real stinkers more than for great films.

Dave.

The book was great. The film is a very bad 'made-for-tv' pile of steaming horse effulent. It probably wouldn't make it onto the channel 5 or sky 1 schedule.

Originally posted by yatesd2404
Is it really that bad??

its a victim of woeful miscasting in just about every role, an awful script that requires almost every character to gasp "oh my god" at every single opportunity (surely theres a decent "oh my god" drinking game to be had if you watch it with some mates, but beware of alcohol poisoning and tennis elbow)... its just very, very bad. I don't want to give away details, but everything about it is just plain wrong. It doesn't even work in a so-bad-it's-genius kind of way.
I'd expect a lot better from everyone involved.:suicide:

Just found this review, guess I will just give it a miss then. Thanks for saving me the price of a rental.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It isn't often you see a film that's so silly you can't think about it without hyperventilating. Such a one is Timeline, a fantasy thriller based on the Michael Crichton novel.

It's about a group of sexy young archaeologists, including Paul Walker and Frances O'Connor, working away on their dig, who discover a worm-hole in time that takes them back to 14th-century France; they have to go there to rescue their professor, played by Billy Connolly. They must naturally dress in authentic clothing to blend in - ragged medieval hoodies for the chaps and a super Maid Marion outfit for Frances - and when they arrive they find a castle under siege, and someone actually says: "There's a goodly number of trebuchets, my lord!"

The most bizarre thing is poor Anna Friel, who has to play a French aristocrat called Lady Claire. She has a French accent that, to put it mildly, needs a bit of work. When she shouts "Allez!" it sounds exactly like EastEnders' Bianca shouting: "Ricky!"

The Trailer was all I needed to keep away from this one :laugh:

What a load of :censored:

he he he

Spend the money on some :beer:

:zonked:

the synopsis in that "review" is actually waaaay off the mark. It's more like he's heard it's bad and used the trailer to assume how the film plays out. If he'd seen it he'd know that what he's described as the plot is nowhere near what happens.
It's more about evil industrialists inventing 3D fax machines that don't work and by accident lock onto a wormhole in the fabric of time that for some unexplained reason transports people back to medieval France, Scottish archaeologists that have Californian surf-bum sons, and a whole heap of bad acting.

He's on the money about Anna Friel though. Nice make-up too... for a medieval girl:rolleyes:

Guys,

Is there someone who does have the dvd and can tell me if it has DTS or not ?!?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom