1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to upgrade

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GazTheHat, Jan 10, 2005.

1. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Just bought a plasma and i want to make use of the component input. My poor ol' Pioneer DV-444 doesn't support prog scan, bless it! :blush:

I'm lOOking to replace it with something similar. It's been a superb player over the last few years, no problems what-so-ever. So i'm thinking about sticking with Pioneer and getting the 575, it's only £109 @ Empire. Does this seem like a reasonable upgrade??

Or are there similar players (at a reasonably similar price range £100-200) that out-perform the 575 that i've overlooked??

Thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i too have a 444 and love it i dont think the build of 575 is upto that of the 444, but it does have some good features.

3. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Build quality is not that important for me, it will sit in a cabinet in the wall afterall. :) You reckon the performance is upto/supercede the 444?

I think the 444 has been very popular for many reasons, top player. Recommend anything else HD? Keen to get the best picture i can really (ie. PS Comp). Then i can see if this tv is all that.

But like everything, i want something for nothing, not prepared to pay £500 for a new player though.

4. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Oh yeah, and how d'ya get that pic below your ID?? I added a pic in my profile, but it doesn't show in my posts..... :(