Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Time to upgrade

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GazTheHat, Jan 10, 2005.

1. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Just bought a plasma and i want to make use of the component input. My poor ol' Pioneer DV-444 doesn't support prog scan, bless it! :blush:

I'm lOOking to replace it with something similar. It's been a superb player over the last few years, no problems what-so-ever. So i'm thinking about sticking with Pioneer and getting the 575, it's only £109 @ Empire. Does this seem like a reasonable upgrade??

Or are there similar players (at a reasonably similar price range £100-200) that out-perform the 575 that i've overlooked??

Thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    i too have a 444 and love it i dont think the build of 575 is upto that of the 444, but it does have some good features.

3. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Build quality is not that important for me, it will sit in a cabinet in the wall afterall. :) You reckon the performance is upto/supercede the 444?

I think the 444 has been very popular for many reasons, top player. Recommend anything else HD? Keen to get the best picture i can really (ie. PS Comp). Then i can see if this tv is all that.

But like everything, i want something for nothing, not prepared to pay £500 for a new player though.

4. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Oh yeah, and how d'ya get that pic below your ID?? I added a pic in my profile, but it doesn't show in my posts..... :(