Time to upgrade my touch diamond

Gazaman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm about to upgrade my old touch diamond and i'm a bit out of touch with whats hot and whats not! :rotfl:

I really liked the touch diamond with all the available apps etc.Normal phones dont interest me as i'm a bit geeky and like to play:thumbsup:
I'm not interested in the iphone so just wondered if any of you had any recommendations?
I'd like as many features and gimmicks as possible and would need to have a decent gps receiver (my touch diamond suffered badly from gps lag)
I'm on orange and the only htc phones they offer are the hero in graphite,the touch 3d and the tattoo. Are anyof these any good or would you recommend a different make??

Thanks
Gaz

The Hero is a great phone. It ticks pretty much all the boxes you've listed there - it's got GPS, it's running Android so it's perfect for geeks that like to tweak and play around, it's got plenty of great features, and, as it's running Android, more features can be added either for free, or very cheaply, from the Apps Market. And, lastly, it's not the iPhone. Win!
:)

I should, in the interests of fairness, at least list the negatives of the Hero though- it's camera, whilst it is 5MP, has no flash, so images are often poor unless they're taken in the perfect lighting conditions. Video recording is also poor. But hey, who buys a phone for the camera?

Hi all
I'm about to upgrade my old touch diamond and i'm a bit out of touch with whats hot and whats not! :rotfl:

I really liked the touch diamond with all the available apps etc.Normal phones dont interest me as i'm a bit geeky and like to play:thumbsup:
I'm not interested in the iphone so just wondered if any of you had any recommendations?
I'd like as many features and gimmicks as possible and would need to have a decent gps receiver (my touch diamond suffered badly from gps lag)
I'm on orange and the only htc phones they offer are the hero in graphite,the touch 3d and the tattoo. Are anyof these any good or would you recommend a different make??

Thanks
Gaz

If you upgraded your rom that would of solved your lag.

If you like your TD... why not look at the TD2?

its still crap. they have done done away with the silly mini usb for audio. touchflow is a little better but nothing worth writing home about.

Well i decided to try the hero and it will be here on tuesday:clap:
Is the operating system a lot different from the touch diamond? Does it have a completely different look? Although my TD was a good phone i have started to get a bit bored with it.

Also what sat navs are compatable with the hero and what is considered the best?

Thanks folks

Gaz

Well i decided to try the hero and it will be here on tuesday:clap:
Is the operating system a lot different from the touch diamond? Does it have a completely different look? Although my TD was a good phone i have started to get a bit bored with it.

Also what sat navs are compatable with the hero and what is considered the best?

Thanks folks

Gaz

Anyone?

Just got a text from orange saying its out for delivery :clap:

Android is very different to Windows Mobile, it's much more 'consumer' friendly, in that it's less of a business tool and more of a enjoyable device for the average Joe on the street. It looks very different and the big thing HTC have pushed with this is the personalisation options, so if you got bored of the Diamond the Hero should keep you entertained for longer :)

There are a few Sat Nav software options for Android, CoPilot is one of the better ones and TomTom are working on something for Android too, although I've not kept up with that so don't know how far away a release is. Have a Google.

Android is very different to Windows Mobile, it's much more 'consumer' friendly, in that it's less of a business tool and more of a enjoyable device for the average Joe on the street. It looks very different and the big thing HTC have pushed with this is the personalisation options, so if you got bored of the Diamond the Hero should keep you entertained for longer :)

There are a few Sat Nav software options for Android, CoPilot is one of the better ones and TomTom are working on something for Android too, although I've not kept up with that so don't know how far away a release is. Have a Google.

Thanks mate, Just wish the bloody courier would hurry up now :D

The courier will turn up the moment your backside hits the toilet seat next....

Its arrived :D
I'm just giving it a full charge before i turn it on

Thought there might be a screen protector in the box though like my old TD had?!

Is the screen pretty hard wearing or is it easily scratched/marked?

Gaz

Its arrived :D
I'm just giving it a full charge before i turn it on

Thought there might be a screen protector in the box though like my old TD had?!

Is the screen pretty hard wearing or is it easily scratched/marked?

Gaz

I think it's fairly tough? If I remember it's a capacitive screen the same as the iPhone but where as the iPhone uses glass I think the HTC is plastic? So you may want a protector.

Wow!!!

Really impressed with the phone so far. I've added a few apps ( i now have an addiction to scanning barcodes :D ).

Just one thing though...I've downloaded the advanced task manager app but just wondered what i should leave open when closing stuff?
Should i be closing the touch input,addprogramactivity,weather,mail, browser etc? Or do these need to stay open for updates etc?

Thanks again folks

Gaz

Also when i open task manager 'peep' and 'stocks' apps are apparently running?!
I never open these as i have no use to them...neither are they anywhere on my current scene!

Any ideas :confused:

Thanks again

Gaz

Ok mate i'll post the same questions in there :smashin:
Hopefully someone will have the answers....dont fancy reading through 67 pages :eek:

Gaz

You can search inside a thread. Open the thread, look in the top right of the page (not the main forum heading, but the thread heading) and you have a search option.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom