• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Time to upgrade.....Mission 700s and Yamaha 595 need to go !!!

ollieh

Standard Member
Hi All,

Having upgraded my visuals to the Pioneer 507, I'm now looking to upgrade my audio.

I'm currently running a Yamaha DSP-595a which has served its purpose very well with my Mission AV speakers (700 fronts, 73C & 73 surrounds) & JBL Northridge 250 SUB :rotfl:

I'm considering the MA BR5 to replace my fronts as an initial investment. My question is -would a Onkyo TX-SR674 do these speakers justice and show any improvement over the Yammy ???

Another option is to replace all the speakers with the Jamo E7 series which cost a very attractive 528 quid here in dubai and add the Onkyo TX-SR674

Any thoughts/recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thx.:)

Hamslay

I'll be watching this thread with interest. I too have a Yamaha RX-V595aRDS which has been great for 5 years. So good in fact that I'm planning on getting an RX-V2700 to replace it (if I can stop thinking about HDMI 1.3!).

My speakers are an odd bunch - Acoustimass 5 at the front, Mission centre and Solid Solutions S100's at the rear (from this set http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/hccreviews/SpeakerPackages/Solid/Solid100.php).

I too have that feeling of "Am I about to spend £2000 and hear no difference"?? :eek:

I'm also looking at the MA BR5 and BR1 option, along with the R225 and R90 option or a set of SVS 5.0's. I'm pretty much set on the SVS SB12+ subwoofer.

Decisions, decisions. I'd really like to hear all the options in MY lounge, whilst having my old rabble still connected so I can do an instant comparison. If the difference isn't night and day I wouldn't bother changing yet.

Good luck ollieh, I feel your pain. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom