Time to Upgrade from Mission FSAV2?

rhodos

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My set-up is as per signature having got a PW7 a few months back as a result of stumbling upon this forum and discovering how much plasmas have come on in past few years,

The things is as with many around here I now want to continue to squeeze more out of my mini home cinema. I am by no means looking for anything other than budget kit (~£500) but wondered if in the last 4/5 years things have moved on somewhat to make replacing my FSAV2 and even Sony 1070 amp with a new set of speakers and possibly 7.1 amp really worth the outlay.

Whats the thinking before I get to a short-list and go do some questioning here and listening elsewhere? Are there much better set ups to be had for say £500 for speakers and £300 amp which will make a real obvious improvement over what I have? I'd be interested to know what distinct advantage a new speaker set up may have.
(PS. Mission have offered another couple of FS2 panels for £200 to get me to 7.1 - but if I can get a good 6.1 for say £500 and its better then I'd rather go that way).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom