1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Upgrade from Mission FSAV2?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by banjo21, Feb 14, 2005.

1. banjo21

Oct 3, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    My set-up is as per signature having got a PW7 a few months back as a result of stumbling upon this forum and discovering how much plasmas have come on in past few years,

The things is as with many around here I now want to continue to squeeze more out of my mini home cinema. I am by no means looking for anything other than budget kit (~£500) but wondered if in the last 4/5 years things have moved on somewhat to make replacing my FSAV2 and even Sony 1070 amp with a new set of speakers and possibly 7.1 amp really worth the outlay.

Whats the thinking before I get to a short-list and go do some questioning here and listening elsewhere? Are there much better set ups to be had for say £500 for speakers and £300 amp which will make a real obvious improvement over what I have? I'd be interested to know what distinct advantage a new speaker set up may have.
    (PS. Mission have offered another couple of FS2 panels for £200 to get me to 7.1 - but if I can get a good 6.1 for say £500 and its better then I'd rather go that way).