Question Time to shop for a new sub?

Mr. Mer

Hi all

I'm well aware things move on in home electronics at an alarming rate and it's hard to keep up technologically let alone financially! For this reason I try to buy the best I can afford and hang onto it as long as possible. However, I'm looking for advice regarding potentially adding a new sub to my set up and would appreciate any input from all you experienced AV fans.

My set-up is based on legacy kit that still serves me well enough and I have no budget or plans to replace any of it for now.

I'm currently running a load of pre-owned gear including a Tag AV32r DP processor and Tag amplification fed by Sky HD and blu-ray. Kef 1st gen Reference Model two-twos with Reference Model 200c centre and TDM 34DS surrounds.

My sub is a REL Storm III that started to make a humming noise this week after many years of sterling service. I've dropped REL a line about a possible fix but aware it may be time to move on...

Would anyone have recommendations based on the above info. I'm looking for a little more punch and have a listening room about that's approx 6.8m x 3.9m I'm detached so Neighbour complaints aren't really a problem but I hate 'boom' so want a tight controlled bass sound.

Let's go with £1k max budget.

What do you guys n' gals think?

Look forward to your replies

Cheers

Mr. Mer

D1gita1

Get dual BK subwoofers. They used to make Rel subwoofers and a pair will be a good upgrade and give you a sound similar to what you've been used to.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom