Time to replace Toshiba LCD

Philtyd

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my 10 year old Toshiba 46" XV50 with something a little more modern and was hoping to get some advice & guidance.

The new tv will be wall mounted above fireplace with a viewing distance of about 3m (ish) and will be mainly used for Sky Q viewing - movies, Sport (Football, F1, NFL) and general box sets etc. along with occasional Firestick streaming.

In terms of size & budget I was initially thinking of a maximum of around £1500 for a 55" (maybe LG B6 OLED?) but could go for larger/higher if appropriate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LG B6 OLED is the best buy at that size and price but at 3m UHD is waste, may as well go for the FHD 910v OLED instead and save a bunch of money.

Thanks for the response. I'd looked at the 910v but was put off by the curve, especially as it'll be wall mounted.

Are there any alternatives at 55" I should be considering or should I bite the bullet, flex the credit card, and go to 65"?

Its not really worth it at all at that distance, 3m is too far from even a 65" model to benefit from UHD. However you should always get the biggest screen you can afford/fit even if it means coming down in quality.

65" OLEDs are very expensive vs LCDs compared to 55". You could look at a high end LCD like the Panasonic DX-902 for a good compromise.

Thanks for your replies Dodgexander.

Had a browse at my local Currys & Richer Sounds yesterday and decided on the 55" B6V :clap: (from Richer Sounds with a 6 year warranty )

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom