• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Time to replace the Pioneer 60" but with what?

mccltd

Standard Member
Redecorating the room and been told I need to change the Pioneer 60" TV.
So I'm now looking for a 65" that's going to hang on the wall.
With so many different options out there I'm after some help.
It will be receiving tv via Sky HQ and I also need it to run Plex without an external unit.
Would also like internal speaker but it will also be plumed into a Pioneer 7.1 amp ( well at the moment, may need to change that ;) )

What should I be looking at as I'm currently thinking:
Samsung Qled QE65Q9FN
or an LG Oled

Last edited:

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
I had a Pioneer LX6090 plasma too, sold it for a Panasonic 65" CZ952 OLED.

It's practically ancient now (two years' old!) but it's the best TV picture I've ever seen. All OLED panels are from LG, it's just the picture processing tweaks that differentiate them and even that just comes down to personal preference.

Like Martin 39, I'd also recommend a Panasonic if you're coming from a Pioneer, but you do have to treat OLED's differently from LCD/LED's due to the nature of emissive technology (there's a big Thread about burn in or burn out over on the OLED Forum).

Have a look at what content you watch, for how long and how often. My TV is two years' old but I haven't had any problems. I would never buy a LCD anyway, the picture simply isn't as good IMO.

martin 39

I found it a complete minefield knowing what oled to buy i knew i didnt want a led only oled was grabbing me..10 yr ago if you wanted the best you brought a kuro now it seems to be down to price and what takes your fancy

generalgizmo

Redecorating the room and been told I need to change the Pioneer 60" TV.
So I'm now looking for a 65" that's going to hang on the wall.
With so many different options out there I'm after some help.
It will be receiving tv via Sky HQ and I also need it to run Plex without an external unit.
Would also like internal speaker but it will also be plumed into a Pioneer 7.1 amp ( well at the moment, may need to change that ;) )

What should I be looking at as I'm currently thinking:
Samsung Qled QE65Q9FN
or an LG Oled

Who told you that it needs to go..?? :rolleyes:
Tbh... I'm another pioneer kuro owner..
Still have one in the front room for mainly tv watching and the odd movie but in my den had a krp500 then upsized to 600..
The 600 looked very grey compared to oled and not as bright...
I bought a Panasonic ez952 oled.. reason as out of the box it looked like a Pioneer as cinematic but more detailed and perfect blacks brighter too..
Some say the panny oleds aren't bright enough but they are coming from a kuro..
I only use mine for blurays 1080 and 4khdr
If the Panasonic oled wasn't about I would have kept the kuro.. I cannot say how it performs with tv programmes as it's not used for that.. best to get a viewing at a RS so similar to home environment.. viewing angles will be superior on the oled and dark room viewing.. more cinematic picture although the Samsung would have brighter in the day... in-laws have Samsung led but whatever I tried couldn't get rid of soap opera effect.. so not really been that keen on them.. they make the nicest looking screens but I buy a tv for its picture not design.. The Panasonic oled is favoured by many coming from a high end / plasma tv in the kuro or vt, zt..
Good luck with your choice..:smashin:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom