Time to replace PVR?

Chris J D

Time to replace PVR?

My existing HDR-2000T 1TB has recently shown a surprising increase in free space displayed, which has been hovering near full for quite some time. The HDD check shows it as OK, but the Reserved Space is very large - I wonder if it has decided to release some?

If it is time to replace, I don't know which way to go. There doesn't seem to be much choice, and I fear that the latest interfaces have concentrated on appearance rather than functionality.

For me a text EPG shows me all I need to know, and my Smart TV (currently) works fine for the occasional catch-up or YouTube browsing.

One facility that I would really miss on my current Humax is the ability to create folders, and move programmes into them. I also want to be able to select and sort my Favourite channels.

Looks like I don't even have the option of buying the same again unless I find a refurbished one that I could trust. Mmmm.

Chris

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Your PVR choices for new kit is pretty much Manhattan and Humax, and a Panasonic PVR cum disc spinner.

S/H kit is an option, but the lack of support makes that route iffy, in my book.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom