Time to replace my 10y old plasma - what to buy?

$lim$hady

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well after 10 years, RIP samsung-ps59d6900. It served me well and it was a wonderful (picture and built quality). I now need to but a new TV, I need recommendations please as for 10 years I have not looked at TVs and have no idea about the technologies in todays TVs....

It will be a my main living room TV and so looking for something decent (picture quality being the main factor), budget is up to £1500 and 65 or 75". I am still a loyal to Samsung but open to other manufactures. Any recommendations please? (main use is Sky and Netflix)
Thanks.
Slim.

Last edited:
I'd suggest a high tier 65" model or higher from the guide here:

For Samsung the Q90T has recently been reduced.

70" isn't a popular size, and only budget TVs are now sold at 70". 75" is an option, but you'd have to step down too much with quality to consider a 75" within budget.

Go OLED matey.
Which ever is the biggest you can afford.

wait for the new Panasonic j 1000 oled.

LG C1 55 inch

Hey guys, after some weeks deliberating I have narrowed it down to these two:

Sony Bravia KD65XH9505 vs LG OLED65CX5LB​

I'll be interested to see which one you would choose?
Again, I am just after the best quality picture. I will mostly watch Netflix, Sky and Disney.

Thanks!

OLED closest to plasma in terms of blacks and motion handling

Hey guys, after some weeks deliberating I have narrowed it down to these two:

Sony Bravia KD65XH9505 vs LG OLED65CX5LB​

I'll be interested to see which one you would choose?
Again, I am just after the best quality picture. I will mostly watch Netflix, Sky and Disney.

Thanks!
Its two different technologies the Sony's a LED and the LG's a oled the LG wins hands down

For what it's worth I recently went through the same process, coming from ageing plasma that died.

I also went for the 65CX, and absolutely love it, so great choice!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom