Time to lift the lockdown?

I'm amazed people want to go shopping, if this is the future high street experience then count me out.

It's bad enough doing food shopping and be herded round one way systems by officious supermarket staff.

It's bad enough doing food shopping and be herded round one way systems by officious supermarket staff.

Would you prefer it to be a free for all? :confused:

Mrs just jumped up and ran out of the house with a stream of expletives.

She is sick of the free range morons in supermarkets so she decided to do a click and collect. She only just clicked on the link to tell them she was outside waiting for her groceries :D

I'm amazed people want to go shopping, if this is the future high street experience then count me out.

I wish the one's in my local Tesco would be a bit more strict, far too many people just ignoring the one way system and doing whatever they feel like.

My local Morrisons is a website :D

Not sure where to put this, so I guess this is as good as any. I've read a couple of things over the past few weeks about Sweden and how their constitution interacts with their COVID response. There's a paper here which pulls it all together:

Basically 1) freedom of movement 2) independence of public agencies 3) localised government.

Difficult to implement lockdown even if they wanted to.

It’s one thing running away from a sneezer in the supermarket but imagine the terror if you hear the cubicle being flushed without the lid being closed when public toilets are reopened :eek:

It’s one thing running away from a sneezer in the supermarket but imagine the terror if you hear the cubicle being flushed without the lid being closed when public toilets are reopened :eek:

Excellent news.

So now I’m expected to see people shatting in grocery bags in the high street, and wiping their arse with the nearest pigeon?

I thought we’d past all that round our way.

This is the Daily Mail article. It's still a sensational headline, but unlike Sky's, it goes on to explain the full context. When existing cases are very low, the R number can change quite significantly. In Germany's situation it is nowhere near as worrying as the headline suggests.

This is the Daily Mail article. It's still a sensational headline, but unlike Sky's, it goes on to explain the full context. When existing cases are very low, the R number can change quite significantly. In Germany's situation it is nowhere near as worrying as the headline suggests.

Ok , but worrying all the same , trying to lock people down who have been released because to they believed their leaders could be interesting .....

Ok , but worrying all the same , trying to lock people down who have been released because to they believed their leaders could be interesting .....

I could see it all kicking off if we had to increase lockdown further. People's sense of entitlement is far higher than their sense of civic duty.

Lawrence Freedman has another good article based on the SAGE minutes for a route out of lockdown:

By and large, the government has stuck with Sage’s caution. This worries those who want the government to do more to revive the economy, hence the suggestions that if the science poses a barrier then it should be ignored. Yet in Sweden, the poster country for those opposed to a stringent lockdown, persistent rises in infections and deaths have led to second thoughts about the wisdom of its more relaxed approach. Those American states that abandoned lockdown early are now seeing new spikes. Even more cautious countries, which have managed the pandemic effectively, are still announcing localised returns to stringency.

At the same time, the health effects of sticking with lockdown would also be severe. Something has to give. The critics have set up as a test case the two-metre social distancing rule.. This has been in place from the start, but strict adherence makes any revival impossible for the hospitality and entertainment sectors, among others.

Bit of a local viewpoint: One of the hospitals nurse wifey works at had, by last friday, declared that their ICU and extra beds in recovery units, op theatres, etc. are completely COVID-19 free. They are restarting elective surgery and diverting coronavirus cases into the other hospitals in the health authority.

She's expecting more coronavirus business sometime, but she's thinking we need to get society moving now.

Bit of a local viewpoint: One of the hospitals nurse wifey works at had, by last friday, declared that their ICU and extra beds in recovery units, op theatres, etc. are completely COVID-19 free. They are restarting elective surgery and diverting coronavirus cases into the other hospitals in the health authority.

She's expecting more coronavirus business sometime, but she's thinking we need to get society moving now.
Let’s hope this becomes more and more common.

what an awful decision to have to make , open up and risk death , stay closed and risk riots , you will be remembered for something whatever you do .......

South Korea has reported over 40 new cases in the last few days and declaring it a second wave, whilst here in the uk we still hvae over 1000 cases per day and yet we are easing lockdown..
That in itsef says it all about the UK and how its run

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom