Time to lift the lockdown?

I'm in favour of ending the lock down and the 2 metre rule right now. What we don't know yet is how much the "fear factor" will influence things. If all lock down measures were lifted today, I still think it would take a long time for people's behaviour to return to normal. The NHS attendance for non-Covid conditions is already way down on the average and I expect we will see a similar downturn in figures when shops/schools/pubs/restaurants eventually reopen with no social distancing. A large proportion of the population (including the younger healthy people) are completely gripped by fear. Some of this fear is understandable but it's undeniable that it has been exacerbated by the sensationalist reporting in the media. The big problem when ending the lock down will not be the effects of the virus, second wave etc, it will be the difficulty in trying to restore people's confidence in getting out and about again.

I disagree. All it'll take is a sunny day. We still don't know the cost of all those who went for a seaside jolly during the mockdown.

Risen? Some of us had an R value of 1 when they eased the lockdown.

It was still to early then. I think it might have been practical if we were looking at a range of 0.5 - 0.8 maybe?

Way too early. County Durham has one of the highest rates of cases in the area and our R rate was 1 IIRC when the lockdown eased.

No deaths today though.

We ordered 11 new windows and a door back in March and the company went into lockdown. They are now back and are planning to fit on Monday.

I'm technically in a vulnerable group so will probably retire to the garden for the day :D So long as it isn't raining.

We ordered 11 new windows and a door back in March and the company went into lockdown. They are now back and are planning to fit on Monday.

I'm technically in a vulnerable group so will probably retire to the garden for the day :D So long as it isn't raining.
Watch it.

Don’t get ill in August. That’s when all the trainee doctors move onto a new post and you get the ones fresh out of medical school. I can’t fault their enthusiasm or knowledge, but their inability to draw blood often left me bruised and them without a sample. :D
Might be even worse this year considering their education was cut short :eek::D:D

Just take your own knife, slash your palm, squeeze out a few drops.

Always works in supernatural TV shows. Never any healing or infection problems.
If I need a few drops I prick my finger before considering slashing my palm 😂 But I get you point. Don’t forget to let a beast lick it 👍😂

Looks pretty well organised IMO.

Mind, why they are queuing to get into Primark when that big toy shop is across the road is beyond me! :)

if it wasn’t for social distancing spreading people out, I am not sure those queues outside primark would be anything to shout about.

Outside the nike store london:facepalm:
3db5116f-f2ef-4a94-a52f-be2fe70a3faa.jpg

The journalists are worse/as bad as the punters :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom