Time to lift the lockdown?

BontaKun3000

Well its been a collective effort, some do good and raise the bar, then others just wretch it back down, we work well that way, everyone can pitch in.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member

simonblue

Distinguished Member

iangreasby

are you for real , government advice is still stay apart wherever possible , no , the great unwashed took it as have a bloody great big party to celebrate the end of lockdown , and as for your comment , your not 5 , so grow up ......
So do you think we should go back to the initial lock down measures then?

Uplift

We will never go back into full lockdown, even if we get a second wave.. the government won't be able to offer any new furlough payments which make a lockdown impossible.

The lockdown should be lifted with the condition that people can choose for themselves how they transition back to 'normality' up until a specified date (mid/end of Oct? end of furlough)... maybe with laws or restrictions given to businesses so they can't discriminate against those who choose to stay locked down.

The lockdown is causing more damage than COVID.. we entered it too late but we're over the worst. Let's get back to normal and if individuals choose to continue staying home to protect the NHS then they can, I'll take my chances.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
So do you think we should go back to the initial lock down measures then?
no , but what I mentioned before was frankly ridiculous , almost as if nothing has been happening 👎

We will never go back into full lockdown, even if we get a second wave.. the government won't be able to offer any new furlough payments which make a lockdown impossible.

The lockdown should be lifted with the condition that people can choose for themselves how they transition back to 'normality' up until a specified date (mid/end of Oct? end of furlough)... maybe with laws or restrictions given to businesses so they can't discriminate against those who choose to stay locked down.

The lockdown is causing more damage than COVID.. we entered it too late but we're over the worst. Let's get back to normal and if individuals choose to continue staying home to protect the NHS then they can, I'll take my chances.
the way I see it , by going down that route you are making choices for others , I don’t mean you personally btw 👍

fat jez

fingers crossed France are over the worst.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Fingers crossed. It is looking pretty good for France.

Makes you wonder about 'normal' mortality rates. Perhaps lockdown and generally being careful is to thank? That or people who would have passed away sooner, rather than later, have been gobbled up by the COVID stats.

starfarer

That looks less busy than our local park and town centre :D.

Ruperts slippers

Distinguished Member
Fingers crossed. It is looking pretty good for France.

Makes you wonder about 'normal' mortality rates. Perhaps lockdown and generally being careful is to thank? That or people who would have passed away sooner, rather than later, have been gobbled up by the COVID stats.
I have a feeling the virus has taken people who were due to pass away this yr, earlier.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt

Latest News

Marantz announces 8K ready SR series AV Receivers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ennio Morricone: Legendary film composer dies aged 91
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 5th July 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky comedy panel shows back to film new series
  • By Andy Bassett