Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Time to find a new DVD E-retailer

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jeff, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    I have used play for about 6 months, but now is tme to look for a new supplier. Play have been OK so far, but a few days I went to order The road to eldorado. It wasn't even listed, I emailed them but no answer.

So who should I switch to?

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Stick with play when it suits you! (I have used them for over a year with no problems so far)
    I also highly recommend www.absound.ca in Canada. I received Seven SE on the 19th of this month and it was only posted on the 14th! (I am in the UK BTW) They are good on price too - Seven was $34 Canadian which is just over £15 (not bad for a 2 disker!) [​IMG]

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also used Play for a long time and have found them to be extremely good.
    Recently, some of my orders have taken a little longer than usual, but this is most likely either a seasonal problem or may be connected with their introduction of CDs and the extra work involved.
    See Ya.
    Ps. What's brown and sticky ?

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A stick.

5. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Play import there R1 and CD's from Canada, and I believe that there release dates are some times diferent to that of the USA.

So that might be why they are some times a bit late.

[This message has been edited by gwbailey (edited 21-12-2000).]

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use both Play and Future Entertainment, they are both excellent and accept my Solo card. I pre-ordered Se7en from Play, but I guess I didn't do it soon enough "order taken" was what I saw. So, a quick trip across the web to Future ent, "In Stock" ordered it on Tuesday afternoon and received it this morning (Thursday 21st), not sure how it was so quick with all the chrimbo post, but I'm not complaining.

7. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I start with www.dvdpricesearch.com, favouring A&BSound (www.absound.ca) and DV-Depot (www.dv-depot.com). This pair gets most of my R1 business as they're just a bit cheaper than Play, sometimes ~£3 cheaper, which mounts up after a while.

A&B tend to be the cheaper, but get in some Pre-Buy-Special prices via DV-Depot's FlexiCart system, even adding on a bit of postage, makes them cheaper. Unfortunately their customs stealthing methods result in delays, but they do seem to have a fantastic customer service rep. which means I'm happy to trust them and things'll arrive eventually.

HTH,

Stuart

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

8. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also use Play & Absound. Gave up with Boxoffice after waiting 2 months for 'Final Destination' (after release date} Absound delivered it in 7 days. Don't know what's occurring with BO, they used to be the best.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

9. Goldeneye

Goldeneye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to use Play but their delivery times got so bad that I had forgotten what I had ordered by the time it arrived.

I now use Futureent (excellent service 2-3 days for all deliveries - new stuff normally a week before the release date) and I've just used Interdvd and DC-DVD for a couple of things. Both are a bit more expensive, but they do offer great service.

BTW do Play still send recorded delivery?? That was another problem as I work all week, I would get the thing dropped through the door form the postie on Monday, but not be able to get to the post office until Saturday morning!!! (That would be after a long wait for the DVD in the first place!! - Very frustrating!!!)

All this stuff about Christmas post is, IMHO, total cobblers I have received things this week which were ony ordered 1 or 2 days before - Christmas parties at the suppliers more like!!

Have a great Christmas one and all....