1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to clean my Toshiba 40PW03B

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by HEADRAT, Mar 6, 2002.

1. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi All,

Just thought I'd post my experience of some spring cleaning that I did on my 40PW03B. :)

I had noticed what looked like dead pixels on the screen, strange I thought, as this is a CRT RP set not an LCD !! Took the front screen off, quite easy really just 6 screws.. On opening the front there's not too much to see :-

At the rear of the set, a mirror. In my case this was really dirty and covered in bits and bobs, got some cleaner and a glasses cloth to it, looked much better by the time I'd finished.

The R G B lenses, again these were pretty dirty, cleaned them up with the cleaner and glasses cloth.

The trickiest bit was the perspex screen, it has three layers and bits of dust etc has got between the layer, causing what looked like dead pixels. These were easily removed with a soft cloth..

Whole thing took about and hour, now have a much brighter and sharper picture and no dead pixel looking things on the screen..

Cheers

HEADRAT

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HEADRAT.......are you any good at ironing, nice to see you taking care of your equipment.
    If i see a speck of dust on the screen, the dusters straight out, but the hole system gets a good going over about once a month.

3. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    :)

The dust wasn't just on the top of the perspex screen, it had managed to get between the front layer of perspex and the
    projection layer of the screen...

I'm not bad at ironing either .!

HEADRAT