Question Time to buy a Projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by grahamricho, May 19, 2019.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I have £2500 for a new projector to replace a BenQ w1400.

I was going to buy an Epson EH TW 9400 is it a good time to buy now? I wont be using it for 3 months but would rather buy before I spend the money.

Are 4k native projectors going to come down in price by the end of the year and will I kick myself for buying now?

2. Graham

Graham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +676
    The Epson 9400 would be a great choice with that budget I think. Re. prices of course you never know what's around the corner but the 9400 is actually quite a bit cheaper than its predecessor, and better, so I think you'd be fine going for it. Certainly native 4K units won't be that cheap for a while (although I'm not sure if the similarly priced new BenQ DLP models are real 4k or not).

3. niro750

niro750

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    That's a nice budget, have you seen the w2700? It will save you some cash to put away for true 4k in the future. I went for it from a w1070 and it is a great step up. I was absolutely blown away by the quality increase and the colour gamut when watching braveheart 4k the other day. Over the moon.

I thought about the Epson and the w5700 but decided that I'll save the extra £ and go true 4k in a couple of years. The faux k on the w2700 is really good.

4. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi are the benq models dlp? I used to get rainbow effect on my benq w1400 so I thought I'd try a lcd projector instead? Is the w5 700 still faux 4k

5. Mallardo

Mallardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +478
    Benq projectors are DLP. I'd probably go for the Epson if you see the rainbow effect. Despite what you might read online from DLP and LCD fanboys, there isn't really much difference between them.