Time to ban religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry Monster

Ex Member
Reaction score
the way he acts trying to make light of child abuse, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a few skeletons in his own closet.

the way he acts trying to make light of child abuse, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a few skeletons in his own closet.

Nah, im sure they keep them in the basement along with all the Gold and Artwork.

I would vote to have all religion banned on the planet.

The Forge

He has a PS3 and an LCD TV as well.

I think it is best to assume they're all at it...you'd have to be nuts to let your kids anywhere near them.

It amazes me that any church official could complain about any aspect of a police investigation. All in all, I think they've gotten off extremely lightly considering the sheer number of allegations made against the church.

I think the pope was objecting to the way the investigation took place rather than the investigation taking place at all. I think if you raid any place of worship you will upset worshippers.

It amazes me that any church official could complain about any aspect of a police investigation. All in all, I think they've gotten off extremely lightly considering the sheer number of allegations made against the church.
."In Brussels, a spokesman for the Belgian prosecutor said on Friday that investigators had partially opened only one tomb, which was within the cathedral itself, but he did not know who was buried there.".

So if the police dug up the body of your dear departed you would have no right to be upset?

So if the police dug up the body of your dear departed you would have no right to be upset?
I might be upset but I wouldn't release a statement to the press about it.

The Pope is the head of an organisation that for the best part of two decades has been better known for child molestation than anything else. Every effort should be made to show the world that they've nothing to hide. To try to put this issue to bed they should be aiming for complete transparency.

I might be upset but I wouldn't release a statement to the press about it.
The police dig up your long dead nan and the press ask you for a comment and you'd have nothing to say? Well most people would, at the very least, say they were upset.

If the police are digging up my long dead nan because I've been accused of being involved in a massive international conspiracy to molest children then I'm not going to have much to say to the press that doesn't involve the following:

"I am fully complying with the authorities. I am doing absolutely nothing to hinder their investigations. I am willing to surrender to them any and all information and evidence that I may have. All I want is to put an end to this horrendous ordeal. I will do everything in my power to help the police find and prosecute the perpetrators of these heinous crimes and to bring justice and peace to their victims."

;)

Its time people realised what religion is- a control method over weak minded people...

Strangely enough, I'm an atheist and still find your comments offensive.

Just because someone has a belief in religion does not mean they are weak minded, just that they believe something different to you.

Strangely enough, I'm an atheist and still find your comments offensive.

Just because someone has a belief in religion does not mean they are weak minded, just that they believe something different to you.
Organised religions tell people how to live their lives they wouldn't be able to function if everyone was individualistic and strong willed.

Organised religions tell people how to live their lives they wouldn't be able to function if everyone was individualistic and strong willed.

Totally irrelevant to making a sweeping statement that any religious person is weak minded. I also disagree with what you have stated.

We are all human and are all capable, willing and able to make our own choices. Following a religion in itself requires a choice and a strong mind, contrary to what you have said.

We are all human and are all capable, willing and able to make our own choices. Following a religion in itself requires a choice and a strong mind, contrary to what you have said.
It doesn't necessarily require a strong mind, it requires discipline and the ability to follow rules.

It doesn't necessarily require a strong mind, it requires discipline and the ability to follow rules.

Like following the laws of the land? If you believe its Gods world its what you might do.

I would ban all religion.Wars,violence and bigotry seem to be the main topic of all religions.It's about time people grew up and realised religion is at best a fairy tale,and at worse an excuse for conflict.The planet would be alot better of without religion.

I would ban all religion.Wars,violence and bigotry seem to be the main topic of all religions.
We'd have all of that without religion, we'd just find new excuses for it.

I would ban all religion.Wars,violence and bigotry seem to be the main topic of all religions.It's about time people grew up and realised religion is at best a fairy tale,and at worse an excuse for conflict.The planet would be alot better of without religion.

You created war on the world cup forum without it.

We'd have all of that without religion, we'd just find new excuses for it.
Really? i dont agree.History tells us religion has caused so much of the worlds wars and conflicts.

Not to mention curtailing of one's bacon boiling rights! ;)

Really? i dont agree.History tells us religion has caused so much of the worlds wars and conflicts.
I think you're reading the wrong history books. Violence is in our nature, war is an extreme form of that violence. We don't need religion to single out those that are different and persecute them for it.

Religion has done a great deal for the world but right now the focus is on its negative influences.

I think you're reading the wrong history books. Violence is in our nature, war is an extreme form of that violence. We don't need religion to single out those that are different and persecute them for it.

Religion has done a great deal for the world but right now the focus is on its negative influences.

Are you sure? nearly all wars have a religious background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom