time scale on sky hd install

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jonathan raines, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Member 209919

Member 209919
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I could have had mine installed after just 4 days of registring online on the Monday just gone (16th Feb). Amazing turn around. But I wanted to be there when they install so just a 9 day wait.

2. davebutton

davebutton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    order sky hd last week they sent me a text saying 3-4 weeks, I live in basildon and 20 miles down the road in southend they are quoting 1 week, :eek: make me think its to do with location.

3. Garthur

Garthur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ordered yesterday and was told a Saturday in 3 weeks. Called back today to see if I could change to a weekday if I could get it any earlier. Was told by the guy that he had no clue why I was told that far ahead and if I had ordered yesterday then I could have chosen any day from Monday on wards. So he said next Sat is available which ties in nicely with my V+ being cut off on the Friday ;)

So my advice to anyone who has a long wait, just give them a call and see if you can get it sooner :p

4. biagio1

biagio1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Registered for my upgrade to HD last Sunday(15/2). Original quote was 6 - 10 weeks but today it's down to 4 - 7 weeks.
    BTW, I'm really looking forward to this as I don't even have Sky+ at the moment.
    Pete:)

5. Paul Mela

Paul Mela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I tried that and the date has now gone up to 3 months!!!

6. lamboluke

lamboluke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    It does state on the website their call centre staff will not be able to lower the wait time :rotfl:, it doesnt state they cant increase it ;)!

7. drsuave

drsuave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    just ordered mine yesterday.

Got the standard 3 months!!!

Hope it will change soon :(

8. Garthur

Garthur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

Sorry about that. Sounds a little weird why they would do that though. Try the Livinstone branch. Spoke to them everytime I have called (and has been alot in the past week with enquiries) and they have always been really helpfull. Allthough I'm expecting things to change once I join, I'm confident they are only being nice as I was/am a possible new customer. Allthough I did get put through to an Indian call center on 2 occassions (or at least 2 different indian sounding people at the Livingstone center) and they where pretty unhelpfull, one I even hung up on because she wasn't listening to me (she was the first attempt at purchasing and she couldn't understand why I wanted 2 Sky HD boxes and she was refusing to give me 2 HD boxes for some reason, so I hung up after telling her about 4 times that I didn't want a sky+ box).

Just keep phoning I'd say :p threaten to cancel. I done that when I got my V+ installed, ordered it in November 3 year ago and was told I would have to wait 3 months but to keep calling in case someone cancelled. Then the week before Christmas I called to cancel as I was going to move to sky and after telling them they offered me a install the following day :p

9. drsuave

drsuave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    down to 7 to 12 weeks.... Still too long :(

10. planetse

planetse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128

On average it is now taking around 2 ½ - 3 weeks from ordering to having it installed. Pity Sky are not still doing it at £199 plus £60 installation, this site would not have as many folk moaning about waiting a little while for installation or what box I must have when the engineer comes.

Trouble with people these days everything has to be yesterday. :rotfl:

11. BromleyWHU

BromleyWHU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mines down to 2-4 weeks now.

12. planetse

planetse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Sky unlike Virgin have the monopoly on pay to view TV, phone Virgin and say you wish to cancel and they will bend over backwards to try and keep you.

Try the same with Sky! Without even a sorry your leaving you will be transferred to their cancelation department and your request is auctioned immediately, giving you just enough time to come to your senses and stop the cancelation.

Give it a go, but be prepared to back track on yourself very quickly. :suicide:

13. drsuave

drsuave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    lol - yep

I did not order the Sky HD for the price. Only cos got my new tv :p

If it could be installed this week would have paid more gladly.

14. davey399

davey399
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    registered friday (20th), they emailed me to complete order on saturday morning, said they were coming monday (23rd). slight hiccup though as the guy didn't process my order properly so coming tomorrow wed 25th.

really impressed. I've read that it all depends on how many engineers are in your area and the demand level in that area too. luckily for me, there are two sky vans living on the street behind............:rotfl:

15. Garthur

Garthur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    In fairnes to Virgin, before I cancelled my T.V package I called them alot to enquire about the price for different changes (getting rid of the box, keeping some chans, getting the free box, all different combinations). Everytime I mentioned I was canceling the phone/broadband they did bend over backwards to get me to stay (ended up with 50Mb + unlimited phone for £40 pm instead of 50 odd, and it wont go up) but when I mentioned canceling the T.V they where keen to do it there and then without even asking why (or me saying I wanted to).

So not to sure about things now with the T.V for Virgin seeing as they have no problems to see me leave the T.V. Allthough when I did cancel, after it had went through and before I said by the guy asked if there was a reason for it. Told him I wanted more HD content an got the reply "yea alot of people are canceling now because of that, even I did myself a few weeks back".

So yea, Phone and BB seems to be there main concern now (which imo is far superior to sky, especialy 50mb and getting caller ID etc with the phone which sky don't offer ;))

16. babybearbarker

babybearbarker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +424
    I just ordered HD last night - new customer, and they are installing it on am 6th March, that was the first date offered, which I am happy with - I was honestly expecting at least 4 weeks wait with the new promo deal, but hey, things could always change!!!

17. serioushank

serioushank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Originally registered my interest last week and received an email stating 3 months waiting. Rang the complaints dept yesterday and threatened to cancel. Got installation date of 12 April - result!!

18. -Ad-

-Ad-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Not really, try again ;)

Ordered over a week ago and was given a fixed 6 weeks on 1st April. Will try get annoyed and give them a ring like you did :thumbsup:

19. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    I registered a couple of weeks ago and the email said 3 months.

As part of the install I want my dish moved as a) neighbour got his aerial fixed which has resulted in a drop in signal strength and quality and b) want to re-paint the outside of my house this year.

If I get the email in 3 months saying I can proceed, then request special heights and am told there is a further wait i'll not be happy.

Is it best to phone them now and tell them?

20. -Ad-

-Ad-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Would I need a special heights team ?

Standard 2 storey house with dish about level with the upper level window below the gutter, but the 2nd feed for the multiroom is run along that gutter across the whole back of the house then down and into the other room ?

Cheers

21. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Ordered mine online about one week ago, and its being installed this Thursday:)

22. stormchaser2005

stormchaser2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

not really.... I ordered on 9th February and they said 4 months. I didn't complain (shocking I know:rolleyes:) instead I watched the time get shorter and shorter online and the e-mail arrived from them on friday for me to complete the order. First available date was this thursday so that would only have been one month from when I first registered...... You've managed to get yours down to 6 weeks then installation time on top of that;) I've actually booked it for a week saturday but that is my choice because I have a lot on, not because they couldn't fit it and still only makes my total wait 5 weeks...... not complaining pays off it would seem:rotfl::p

23. serioushank

serioushank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've already thought of that. As one Sky department doesn't appear to talk to the other I fully expect that I'll still get an email asking me to complete my order. I'll then ring them and ask when they can install. I expect that they'll then give me a date which is before April 12 (my current agreed installation date) - this is when I'll tell them that I've already placed my order however I now want it on the new installation date. If they refuse then it's back to cancellations to threaten them again. It's worked before (2 free Sky + boxes and 6 months half price subscriptions in the past).

Incidentally, you guys who are getting it nice and quickly - are you existing Sky customers or new customers?

I'd also expect that it'd depend where you live due to numbers of engineers available etc.

Great forum by the way - loads of interesting and good advice!

24. stormchaser2005

stormchaser2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

I'm an existing customer:)

25. ub7rm

ub7rm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I first registered I got the 10 week wait before being able to complete the order. Less than a month later I'm all installed. Once I was able to complete the order I was able to choose an install date the same week. :clap:

Come on guys, at this price I'm sure you can just sit tight for a few weeks. And at least they aren't taking your money straight away either...

26. biagio1

biagio1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well it's now down to 1 - 3 weeks(yesterday it was 2 - 4), first registered for the HD upgrade on 15th Feb. So far so good. I am well looking forward to this:). Just hope i don't get a cowboy installer but it should be as straightforward as these things can be.
    Pete

27. johnr

johnr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i'm still on the "you have successfully registered and expect
    for you to be able to compete in 3 months",how often do they
    update your account?registered last wednesday btw.

28. johnr

johnr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    now showing 7-12 weeks,moving slowly:D

29. stormchaser2005

stormchaser2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    in 4 weeks mine counted down as follows;

4 months
    7-9 weeks
    6-8 weeks
    4-6 weeks
    2-4 weeks
    1-3 weeks

within a day of the last one appearing they sent the e-mail. It was a bit slow for the first week then it kept updating pretty quick after that:thumbsup:

30. johnr

johnr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thats reassuring,thankyou.