• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

time scale on sky hd install

jonathan raines

morning to all,
just ordered sky hd yesterday and got my reply today stating a 4 month waiting time!!! ouch.
has anyone else had a similar response,i think this is an outrageous amount of time to wait.
my thoughts
jonathan

dmaidmen

morning to all,
just ordered sky hd yesterday and got my reply today stating a 4 month waiting time!!! ouch.
has anyone else had a similar response,i think this is an outrageous amount of time to wait.
my thoughts
jonathan

Its £49, were in a recession and nobody can afford to go out any more. I think Sky are trying to recruit a load more installers to keep up with demand. If you require special heights/saturday install then this also can increase the waiting time.

Last edited:

Gogs07

Standard Member
You might not have to wait as long as you think if my experience is anything to go by. I regestered online on Tuesday, got an email on Wednesday saying 2-4 weeks to complete order then another on Friday saying I could go ahead with order and am being installed next Tuesday. Happy days :thumbsup:

Last edited:

crawffy

Just saw a advert on tv for HD. Something along the lines of upgrade now and enjoy James bond in HD! That's not going to be possible really as it starts next Sunday and i've got to wait 3-6 weeks before i can even arrange installation. Madness.

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
4 month install dates for existing users, who's running their install dept...the council?:mad:
to swap over a box must take all of 15 mins, my god the poor souls must be exhausted:rolleyes:;)

crg925

I might be wrong but I think that the waiting time is mainly down to box supply, they are recruiting for fitters aswell but demand must be huge at the moment. I ordered today and am expecting to have to wait a minimum of 8 weeks!! but its a great price so I don't mind

sixx

Got my email today saying I have to wait 3-6 weeks. Whats the betting that new customers are taking priority of existing ones.

jonathan raines

Got my email today saying I have to wait 3-6 weeks. Whats the betting that new customers are taking priority of existing ones.
why money is money

Slider09

I rang Sky on Friday to register my interest in HD. Received email on saturday saying I can now order. I ordered 30 mins ago, getting installed next Sunday.

Shanksy7

I ordered Thursday and got email and text on Friday saying it would take 3 months :eek:. So I phoned up to ask why it was so long and they weren't very helpful and kept bouncing me around. So I just fired off an email using the help pages on the website and they phoned me up yesterday and offered me my sky package free for 2 months as compensation.

I also emailed Jeremy Darroch although I doubt this helped but you never know :D

mabenson

Standard Member
Hi,

Who/what did you email to get a result like that? I've just got email and a text from them saying 4 months wait! :eek: (ordered yesterday 1/2/09)

Cheers

Matt

I ordered Thursday and got email and text on Friday saying it would take 3 months :eek:. So I phoned up to ask why it was so long and they weren't very helpful and kept bouncing me around. So I just fired off an email using the help pages on the website and they phoned me up yesterday and offered me my sky package free for 2 months as compensation.

I also emailed Jeremy Darroch although I doubt this helped but you never know :D

Shanksy7

Hi,

Who/what did you email to get a result like that? I've just got email and a text from them saying 4 months wait! :eek: (ordered yesterday 1/2/09)

Cheers

Matt

I just emailed customer services through their website HERE, just select complaints and then general and write a bit about what your not happy about.
As I said I had been on the phone to them on Friday but they weren't very helpful. Also as previously mentioned I emailed the CEO Jeremy Darroch but I doubt he even read it :D

mabenson

Standard Member
OK, I sent an email to Jeremy Darroch but I jumped the gun a bit and sent my complaint via Complaints:sky TV complaints:customer service (TV). Hopefully it will be read by someone understanding there too.

Will let you know what happens.

Cheers

Matt

icechef007

Standard Member
I registered for the sky HD upgrade online on Friday night and received an e-mail on Saturday stating that I'd be able to complete my order in 4 months time too. I find this really strange as my parents who live in the same town ordered the upgrade that night too and they got told 3 to 6 weeks. I too have complained to Sky via their website. Just gotta wait to see if I get a response.

toddy28

ordered last thursday getting it installed on sat 7th in west sussex must of been lucky but i did do it over the phone might of made a diffrence :D

icechef007

Standard Member
I looked at my sky acount online today and my wait had changed from 4 months to 3 to 6 weeks. I doubt this has anything to do with the complaint I submittted.

BigIan279

Standard Member
I ordered just "Sky+HD box upgrade" on-line yesterday morning - got an email today saying 6 to 10 weeks.:mad: I think I'll try complaining.

I wonder if just SD box upgrade customers are waiting longer than those who go for multi room or phone/broadband?:confused:

crg925

Ok so after reading this thread and recieving a 4 month waiting time I thought I would be very un british and complain, so I emailed via the website using the "my box registration complaint" I received within 20 minutes a response which had clearly been written as an automatic reply for this complaint, basically says what it says on the initial registration email, however I checked the website and my wait is now 8 weeks, so was it complaining or just how the process goes?

mabenson

Standard Member
My wait has now reduced to 3-6 weeks. :clap:

Anyone successfully got any money from topcashback for upgrading? Will this only show up when the order is placed properly? They say I should get £15 for going through them and they are normally excellent.

Cheers

Matt

appledrone

I ordered mine on 13th December and they installed it on the 17th December!

I think it makes a difference where you are geographically. (also as someone has already said - Anything above two storeys high or saturday install makes a difference)

I'm in Devon BTW

sixx

after originally be quoted 4-6 weeks when i registered on sunday i got a text today saying it was ready to order, and its now being installed on monday. I could have had it setup as early as this friday but i'm having my new tv delivered on monday. So to all those people who have been quoted a silly amount of time you may be suprised and get a notification soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom