Time lapse ?

jont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have around a 1000 stills from a cctv camera of a piece of construction that I want to make a time lapse movie from ...

Any ideas on how to get all the stills stitched together in iMovie or Final Cut Express ?

thanks

Jon

Its really easy - just export them from iPhoto as a .mov. I did it a few months back with 300 photos of a kids Xmas concert. I wanted it to be relatively brief so set it up for 0.5 sec IIRC. Will lookup the .mov and post back.

edit
just checked and as the image quality wasn't brilliant (poor lighting) I exported as 640x480 and for 2 sec each with a cross fade. I tried it with the shorter duration but wasn't happy. HTH

Last edited:
Or if they are in iMovie still just throw them in a project select all, set the duration you want and Share or Export as Movie.

Just been tinkering and test timelapse is here if anyone is interested ?? !!

MobileMe Gallery

Jon

MobileMe Gallery

Jon

Not once did I see anyone on a tea break! :rotfl:

Time lapse nicely done mate.

On another note, I just signed up to the free 60 day trial of MobileMe. I've published a video but it's saying I don't have all the correct Quicktime components to play it??? I've never had problems playing video on my mac, and your video just played fine for me. So any ideas?

Not once did I see anyone on a tea break! :rotfl:

Time lapse nicely done mate.

On another note, I just signed up to the free 60 day trial of MobileMe. I've published a video but it's saying I don't have all the correct Quicktime components to play it??? I've never had problems playing video on my mac, and your video just played fine for me. So any ideas?

Depends on what format you have created video in to play - if it's a copy of a file for dvd then you need an mpeg2 playback codec ... my video was converted to mp4 to play back straight from the mobile me site ...

rgds

Jon

Thought a few of you might like this time lapse of Mid Town Manhattan on 4 July. I think it should be half as long but YMMV.

YT

MobileMe Gallery

Jon

Cool! Did you leave the camera in the same place for the duration? How long was the duration of the build.

Col.

The shoot was over about 8-10 weeks and is now nearing completion so I'll have to re-edit ... the camera is an hd-cctv camera mounted on a pole bolted to the site office/portacabin ... it takes a still frame every 10 mins and then sends that via a 3G sim card to an ftp server for archiving !!

Will post final file when complete but here's what the overall scheme should look like when complete ... A warm welcome to Birchway's Eco-Community - Birchway Eco Community | Greener affordable housing and click on the video player halfway down the page ...

Jon

Very impressive Jon! The site too.

Col.

Very clever but for some reason I found it irritating then I read the stats:

This is the PEN Story in stop motion. We shot 60.000 pictures, developed 9.600 prints and shot over 1.800 pictures again. No post production! Thanks to all the stop motion artists who inspired us. ...

In a digital age why on earth did they have to make 9,600 prints? What a god awful waste of media and chemicals etc. If this is supposed to be an homage to stopmotion why didn't they simply shoot HD video then superimpose every desired frame/photo onto a "green screened" blank photo rectangle? OK so if its being shot on a Pen then, again, export the images and import to a stopmotion app.

In this 'green' age I wouldn't want to be seen boasting I ordered a photo print run of 10,000 prints that would have been binned immediately afterwards.

A bit like buses you find one and another pops up almost immediately. Can anyone tell me how this effect was done? Is it simply because its Flash?

Move your mouse up and down the image slowly.

HK

A bit like buses you find one and another pops up almost immediately. Can anyone tell me how this effect was done? Is it simply because its Flash?

Move your mouse up and down the image slowly.

HK
I think it's just flash. There are lots of images on there and as you move the mouse the relevant one loads.

I used to have a link to one very similar in which a large breasted lady removed her top or put it back on again as you moved the mouse up and down.:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom