Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Time Lapse Movies

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Vaughn, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Folks,

I've taken a series of still photos using the Intervalometer (time lapse) feature on my Canon S50. I now need a tool to string these together into a movie (mpeg/avi/mov/etc) file. Does anyone know of anything that will do this for me?

I don't want to do anything fancy (like fades, titles, etc) so hopefully there's a freeware or shareware tool out there somewhere, but it must be able to take the photo files from a folder and put them together automatically. In other words, I don't want to have to select one photo at a time to create a movie frame (like doing it in Powerpoint) because the time lapse was taken over several days and I have over a 1000 photos - so it's not something I want to do a frame at a time!

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers, Vaughn

2. mr jones

mr jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    if you have XP then it should allow you to import images intothe timeline of movie maker

3. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,862
    I think you need Movie Maker 2 to be able to adjust the time a frame/picture is displayed before moving on to the next. You need to make this selection before dragging pictures to the storyboard. Looks like maximum frame rate is 8 FPS.

Movie Maker 2 is embedded in SP2. If you don't want to download SP2, you can download here (credit to Melliot1963 for this spot).

4. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this guys - you're both spot on! I didn't know until now that you could bulk-load files into consecutive frames in MovieMaker. And last time I tried it, I think 1fps was the fastest frame rate - since then I've installed SP2 and hadn't noticed it upgraded MovieMaker too. I just tried a few samples and 8fps looks great.

Many thanks,
    Vaughn