Time Lapse Movies

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Vaughn, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Folks,

I've taken a series of still photos using the Intervalometer (time lapse) feature on my Canon S50. I now need a tool to string these together into a movie (mpeg/avi/mov/etc) file. Does anyone know of anything that will do this for me?

I don't want to do anything fancy (like fades, titles, etc) so hopefully there's a freeware or shareware tool out there somewhere, but it must be able to take the photo files from a folder and put them together automatically. In other words, I don't want to have to select one photo at a time to create a movie frame (like doing it in Powerpoint) because the time lapse was taken over several days and I have over a 1000 photos - so it's not something I want to do a frame at a time!

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers, Vaughn

2. mr jones

mr jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    if you have XP then it should allow you to import images intothe timeline of movie maker

3. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,412
    I think you need Movie Maker 2 to be able to adjust the time a frame/picture is displayed before moving on to the next. You need to make this selection before dragging pictures to the storyboard. Looks like maximum frame rate is 8 FPS.

Movie Maker 2 is embedded in SP2. If you don't want to download SP2, you can download here (credit to Melliot1963 for this spot).

4. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this guys - you're both spot on! I didn't know until now that you could bulk-load files into consecutive frames in MovieMaker. And last time I tried it, I think 1fps was the fastest frame rate - since then I've installed SP2 and hadn't noticed it upgraded MovieMaker too. I just tried a few samples and 8fps looks great.

Many thanks,
    Vaughn